PDA

View Full Version : Abby Indoor shoot.........

rageous
01-14-2007, 11:10 PM
Anyone here know what happened at the indoor shoot this weekend specifically today? I was unable to make it to the event but I was informed of a shooting accident. Hopefully nobody was hurt.:frown:

.270boy
01-14-2007, 11:21 PM
I was in abby today, stopped in had a look watched for a while.. Looked like a good time but it seemed pretty crowded lots of shooters on the line thats for srue.

willyqbc
01-15-2007, 09:09 AM
apperantly a fellow from Squamish had an arrow shatter as he shot. Drove part of the arrow through his thumb. My wife was shooting nearby and said it was quite a nasty injury. Hope he is doing allright and is able to pick up his bow again at some point. On another note she said the shoot was a lot of fun and she took 1st saturday and 2nd sunday.

Chris

Hunter4life
01-15-2007, 07:28 PM
apperantly a fellow from Squamish had an arrow shatter as he shot. Drove part of the arrow through his thumb.
Chris

I was baisically right next to the guy when he shot. As far as I could tell the arrow missed the bone and just went through the little bit of flesh on the top of the thumb. He should be fine as he came back to the shoot later on with a bandaged thumb. I was amazed at how calm he stayed, he definatly took it like a man. Otherwise it was a great indoor shoot.

h4l

willyqbc
01-16-2007, 01:32 AM
well thats good to hear! Thanks for the update!!

Chris

jessbennett
01-16-2007, 10:28 AM
well it definately looked like it hurt...:frown: he definately stayed calm. it almost looked like he was going into shock for a minute though.... (completely understandable though). all in all, a decent shoot. well done to the gang in abby.:)