PDA

View Full Version : Cow Bowman shoot on the 14th

bochunk2000
01-10-2007, 07:18 PM
Does anyone know if this will still be on with the recent snowfall?

Bow Walker
01-10-2007, 07:41 PM
I'm going to email and see if it's still a go - I'll let you know asap.

Bow Walker
01-11-2007, 08:14 AM
I heard from Ron, the 3D director, the shoot is a GO.

See all you hardy souls there!! Do like your momma told you - bundle up!

bochunk2000
01-11-2007, 10:48 AM
Sounds good see you there.
Steve.

Franko Manini
01-11-2007, 01:32 PM
I think if I went to this shoot, I'd just get shot when I got home. I've been sick with pneumonia, then a cold, and haven't even sighted in my bow past 20 yards yet.

CRAP
CRAP
CRAP...

Next one for sure...

The Hermit
01-11-2007, 01:53 PM
I think if I went to this shoot, I'd just get shot when I got home. I've been sick with pneumonia, then a cold, and haven't even sighted in my bow past 20 yards yet.

CRAP
CRAP
CRAP...

Next one for sure...

Oh please... the War Department would just whip you as usual, I'd be the one to shoot you! :lol:

Ron.C
01-11-2007, 05:34 PM
I will be heading over to the club tomorrow " Friday" to start placing pegs/shooting stakes and targets, and finishing the targets on Saturday. As long as there is no forcast for major winds which at this time there is not, the shoot is a go. Snow or no Snow.

Bring your boots....

Ron

Coyote
01-11-2007, 09:30 PM
how much snow ya got Ron

Ron.C
01-12-2007, 08:57 AM
Not a whole lot " 4-5 inches?". I will be over to the club in a hour or so, I will let you know for sure this afternoon

Ron.C
01-12-2007, 04:05 PM
Yep, just got back from the club. There is a bit of snow but less than 4". Nothing that is going to stop the shoot. Just the same, Winter boots with good tread are recommended. We are going over the hill a ways, and the snow will make things wet and slippery. See ya there

Bow Walker
01-12-2007, 07:27 PM
Now why would we be going into the "hell Hole" in weather like this? Or am I wrong again?

Ron.C
01-12-2007, 08:23 PM
We are going over the hill, but not all the way across. We will follow the road down, and a well cleared trail back up.

bochunk2000
01-14-2007, 06:55 PM
Just got back from the shoot. I had a great time. The shoot was well laid out with some great shots. Those hills into and out of the "hell hole" were some great exercise for dumping off some Christmas weight. I think a good time was had by all. Thanks Ron for a good shoot.
Steve.

Bow Walker
01-14-2007, 07:53 PM
We are going over the hill, but not all the way across. We will follow the road down, and a well cleared trail back up.
Great shoot today Ron. Nicely laid out course - and the trip over the hill was not near as bad as I had thought it would be. You (and your helpers) did a commendable job of setting up. Some interesting shots as well.

Who's idea was it to put that hungry pig out as the last target?? And setting it out past 15 yards was just down right mean! But that's OK, I didn't like that arrow that Porky ate anyway.

Really nice idea to use that blind for the turkeys. Very different for a 3D shoot - at least I haven't run into one yet. Personally, though, the best I could manage was an 8...and that was on the second round! Guess I'm just not used to getting this fat, old carcass down that low:frown:

All in all a well run affair. Also it seem to me that the attendance was good, considering the weather.

Thanks again for a great time.

Dan.

Ron.C
01-15-2007, 08:58 PM
Thanks for the feedback,

It was the first shoot I've done, and to be honest, I was a little apprehensive. I felt the steel pig was a good wrap up. There was a nice collection of broken arrows in the snow after the shoot:lol:
My buddy Bryan offered his blind for use in the shoot after he learned I was going to use mine " which is considerably smaller than the one we shot out of" So that was a great help. It was a different shot, and that is what I was after. After seeing Bernie's score, I thought the course may have been too easy, but most scores were on par with the norm. Bernie shot particularly well. I do have to thank Brad and Dan. If it was not for their very honest constructive critisism on my first layout attempt, I am sure it would not have turned out as good as it did. And thanks to all the mail match crew for setting up the tables and chairs on completion of their shoot late Saturday night.

Ron