PDA

View Full Version : Who hunts what -

timbergiants
10-08-2004, 01:19 PM
I gather there are quite a few people who post on here regularly and those who don't ...

I love hunting - pretty much for everything !!

How about everyone else.

3kills
10-11-2004, 12:25 AM
i think its steeleco's sig line that says it all..
"hunting isnt a matter of life and death..its more important then that"

morris
10-11-2004, 09:13 AM
I like to consider myself an armed hiker! I love getting out and do whenever I can but the actual harvesting is another story! Now that the kids are older and into the hockey/soccer I can't seem to make it out as much as I would like to, but....My son is getting closer to being able to come with me!

bone-collector
10-11-2004, 09:22 AM
there is a saying in my household among myself and my 2 oldest sons.... if it bleeds we can kill it :) in all reality I have spent 23 years in the bush hunting and 11 of them as a big game hunting guide in northern BC specializing in moose and bear , as I get older I find my wants to grow so we have a planned trip in the spring back east for turkey and wild boar and to do some eastern style fishing with Doug ...going to have my picture with a dam bass if it kills me lol

3kills
10-11-2004, 11:59 AM
it better not kill u rob...cuz i m coming out there next fall for moose season...

Foxer
10-11-2004, 12:51 PM
I hunt moose, bear, deer, grouse, and if i ever catch one of those ^$*#^#$* rabbits he's goin in the pot too! (plus, on my last trip two chimpmunks ran off with my custom clip on sunglasses, so they're goin on the list next time i'm out that way... )

Mostly i'm after the meat. I love the hunt, I love the cameraderie, and i even like the skinning and such. I don't even particularly care if i'm the shooter, i just like to be there participating (and i have a mild facination with examining bullet performance and animal biology).

3kills
10-11-2004, 01:09 PM
(and i have a mild facination with examining bullet performance and animal biology).

always thought there was something wierd about u...

Marc
10-11-2004, 01:22 PM
Well I'll hunt just about anything that's edible. I've only been in the province of BC for a little over a year and I've hunted Blacktail deer, Black bear, ducks, geese and grouse. I hunted whitetail deer when I lived back east.

I haven't had the opportunity to get off Vancouver Island for a hunt yet but when I do get a chance you can bet your last dollar I'll be hunting mule deer, elk, moose, whitetail, caribou and what ever else I can get a draw on. The ultimate hunt would be for Bison. We all know how often the draw comes up though. :(

bone-collector
10-11-2004, 01:59 PM
Marc you just get in line for buffalo , no newbies aloud in front of my gazzilion wasted LEH entries :lol: ..well you would need someone familiar with northern BC ..hmmmm

next fall i am going after caribou again and moose way up north maybe even try to get the jetboat done for a elk hunt on the rivers up there :)

Foxer
10-11-2004, 08:15 PM
always thought there was something wierd about u...

Gee, really? Cause you're the very very very first person ever to say that... ;)

bone-collector
10-11-2004, 08:55 PM
Foxer is NOT weird he is just a very special little fellow :lol:

3kills
10-12-2004, 04:13 AM
foxer are u short bus special or just special special

Mulie_Hunter
10-19-2004, 05:54 PM
Big Mulies top of the list for me, I've been hunting Mulies for more than half my life took my first buck when I was 10 and I can't get enough!:razz: I shot my first moose last year when I was 15 thats a new expierence! I like to hunt elk and mountain sheep.

Mark

todbartell
10-20-2004, 03:47 AM
I like to hunt deer and moose but I think my two favorites are calling coyotes and hunting geese over fields.

http://www.ls2.com/forums/images/smilies/fruit.gif

rrfred
10-21-2004, 07:31 PM
hey all -oops computer farted, lost the msg. somewhere . Anyway, my pref. is to look for the meat, enuff headgear etc.to make it legal shoot. tag. clean, cook and enjoy.
so far got bear, mulie and chickens ,still time to snatch a whitetail before the clutches of winter too, then will concentrate on targets of opportunity that equals coyotes- lotsa fun cheers -rrfred

10-21-2004, 08:35 PM
l am an equal opportunist.........if its in season, and l have a tag, its fair game!!

Mulie_Hunter
10-21-2004, 08:45 PM
Well when it comes to mulies it's gotta be at least a 3 point(no spikes), Or to me it might as well be a doe. As far as moose go if its got horns and it's in season ,its far game(no cows or calves).

BOMBER77
10-22-2004, 05:45 PM
For me, the biggest is just getting out!! We plan a 9 day horse back hunt every 1ST of Oct, and might get out on a weekend or two after that. So, for me anything goes. (All being legal)
I would like to get out more, but I have no idea were to go in the valley!