PDA

View Full Version : Mcclure Lake access

dirtyharry
01-09-2007, 07:02 PM
Does anyone know if there is road access to mcclure lake near lake cowichan. Is that mainline gated or not. I would like to try fishing there this weekend but don't want to waste the fuel if it is gated.

Rob

hutch
01-09-2007, 07:05 PM
there are no gates on the way in although you may have trouble with snow going up the caycuse summit, and there will probably be a lot of trees down. if the road in is ok watch for logging trucks they are pulling out of the walbran right now

Marc
01-09-2007, 07:05 PM
I don't think they fixed the cayacus washout. You'd have to go up the nitnat way and work your way back or go accross the M4. I'm guessing that there is probably snow up at the lake not sure if it would be worth fishing this time of year. I've heard Cowichan lake is suposed to be good this time of year though.

dirtyharry
01-09-2007, 07:07 PM
I never thought of the snow, though I got chains. I don't want to go out on Lake cowichan unless it is calm.

Rob

hutch
01-09-2007, 10:49 PM
my buddy just came back from up the caycuse main . sheet of ice under 5 inches of fresh snow you may need more than chains to get up right now.unless you have 4 wheel drive. they have filled in the wash out with boulders but havent started on the road yet but you can drive around it

dirtyharry
01-09-2007, 10:50 PM
Thanks, they way the weather is looking I might be fishing fuller lake

Dragginbait
01-11-2007, 10:58 AM
I'd think that the lake would be one big ice cube by now.