PDA

View Full Version : Nice Mulie Bucks and Other Pictures

Mulie-Stalker
10-06-2004, 07:47 PM
I was recently looking at the photo gallery pictures, there sure are some impressive animals taken from members who post on this forum. From the photos I recognize one fellow (BCrams) who hunts down my way close to Dunster. That was I nice non-typical buck I heard you shot last year, what did it score? Is that a picture of it in the gallery album? You’re the guy that sets up the blinds and has the doe decoy out in the alfalfa field. Your sure lucky to be able to hunt that private farm land, and not have to worry about other hunters disturbing you, it’s kind of like having your own little game preserve. I’ve heard you’ve taken a few monsters out of those fields, one typical in the high 180’s. There’s rumor another monster has been spotted around here earlier this year, in velvet, and with any luck hopefully you’ll be able to get him. We always see a lot of bucks in and round those farms, but we’re not fortunate enough to gain permission to hunt. We have permission to hunt some private land to the north, but there just isn’t that much happening in there during the rut and the fields are not planted in alfalfa. There are a lot of private lands around here that are owned by "alternative lifestyles" type folks, and there is no ways to talk them into letting anyone hunt their land. This year I have been begging a farmer to let me hunt his fields, and he seems to be loosening up a bit, so hopefully, if not I’ll be on the crownland. This year if you’re down, hopefully we can get together for a coffee or beer if you like. It shouldn’t be long before the mulies really start cruising around. I have been trying for a good non-typical buck for some years now, with any luck, my time has come this year. Good luck on your hunts and hopefully we’ll meet.

Shoot Straight, Mulie-Stalker

P.S. BCrams I see you have some pictures in your album of that big bull elk that was found along the Fraser River, just north of McBride, do you remember the score on that brute?

BCrams
10-06-2004, 11:50 PM
You have a Private Message (PM)

Just click on the link to the left of the screen where it shows you have a number of private message(s)

Ridge-Runner
10-08-2004, 04:53 AM
Hey, Mulie Stalker I checked out the gallery too, and awesome pictures. That’s interesting that you know where Bcrams is hunting, he might not be so happy you published this all over the internet? But if its true and that buck was taken off private alfalfa field that’s a whole different story than was published in the latest Trophy Hunter magazine on the same buck that pictured in BCrams gallery? You should be very sure of your facts before you go throwing them around the net? One’s reputation can be destroyed in a few stokes of the keys, just a word of warning.

RR

PS. I sent you a PM

Mulie-Stalker
10-08-2004, 03:01 PM
The responses I have been receiving over this are really starting to PO me. First, Ridge Runner I have not jeopardized anyone reputation, BCrams has relatives in Dunster and he hunts their farm, ask him yourself if you please!!!

Secondly, I’m not going to hide the fact that the Robson Valley is good hunting to anyone, including BCrams. I live in the Robson Valley, and have to move around to keep working, and hopefully one day I will not have to do this. The Robson Valley is an economically depressed area, with strong community values and a great place to live. Tourism is slowly starting to take hold in this valley, and I’m glad for that. We definitely don’t tell tourists that are snow is bad to scare away snowmobiles and heli-skiers and then hog it to ourselves. I think your comments are pretty greedy BCrams because your basically a tourist from PG, and besides no one can hunt the private land that you do!!! So what’s the big deal?

Hopefully this year some more good bucks and bulls are taken to help put us on the map!!!

Mulie-Stalker, Good hunting and good luck to everyone.

bone-collector
10-08-2004, 03:11 PM
ok first off , mulie its no biggy to the regs here and I m sure if BC rams has an issue he will deal with you , RR you are NOT a moderator of the site so dont play internet cop , if there is a problem deal with it in PMs or send an e-mail to the admin , alot of new members have joined the site as of late and that is great but lets not show up and play super hero online it just ticks the guys off that have been here for a while , especially when you dont know anything about the people you are yacking at

keep it civil and good hunting

Bonez

3kills
10-11-2004, 12:33 AM
good post bonez...this isnt like alot of the other sites where people come here just to bitch..its a good crowd of people here and we dont wanna wreck that...

Mulie-Stalker
10-13-2004, 02:29 PM
Thanks four the support guys, hunting pivate land when others are not allowed, can be a touchy subject.

Shoot straight, Mulie-Stalker

Marc
10-13-2004, 04:57 PM
Well I have to side with ridge-runner on this one. If I had a honey hole I wouldn't be to pleased if someone else was spreading it on the Internet. There is suggesting a place for someone to hunt and then their is telling everyone on the Internet where another guys favorite spot is.

I had a spot I went duck hunting and I took a friend and I told him I'd bring him to this spot but he wasn't to bring other people there just when he was with me. Well later in the season he starts to brag about all the ducks him and his buddies got at my honey hole. I never hunted with that guy again. I know I don't own the ducks that were going to that hole but it was my little secret spot where I could go and I new I'd get birds all fall. Now there was to many hunters using it and the birds were all scared away.

Marc.

Tank
10-14-2004, 07:44 AM
i dont think any "honey holes" where given away here. All i got out of the post was that it was private land close to Dunster....this is like me saying that i shot my buck last year on private land near Fort st John...it doesn't get anybody any closer to hunting my spot. i dont think this is anything to get worked up about