PDA

View Full Version : Mueller Scopes

Hank Hunter
12-31-2006, 01:46 PM
Looking for info on these scopes, anyone have one? Opinions please

elkster
12-31-2006, 08:26 PM
I bought one off ebay from supposedly the family that makes them. It looked real good, the optics were nice and bright etc. When I was getting it mounted, the guy doing the work noticed that as you changed the magnification, the P.O.I. changed also. Which means if you sight it in on say 6 power it would be right on, but if you changed the magnification you would have to zero it again. I taked to the people I bought it from, and they said send it back so they could look at it. I sent it back, they replied that they could find nothing wrong with the scope, plus there was a dent in the scope that looked like someone had overtightened the rings. I know there was no dent in it, and both of us saw the magnification jump. They basically accused us of damaging the scope. I asked them to send me another scope, and I would give it a try. They replied and said they would send back my money cause they weren't supposed to be exporting scope to Canada anyway. I checked the invoice, and they sent it as a telescope. I think when I asked for another scope, I would have found the same problem, and they knew it. So I know the story is a little long, but You had a hear all the facts.

Hank Hunter
01-01-2007, 04:07 AM
thanks, that is what i need to hear. they do have a dealer in winnipeg now but if the scope is crap, it does not matter where the dealer is

Elkhound
01-02-2007, 12:22 PM
I have only heard good things about these scopes. Do a search on Canadian Gunnutz or Canadian Gunslingers(White Falls the supplier is a sponser there). Lots of info. Or contact Foxer from HBC here. He has done some testing of these scopes.

Hooked
01-17-2007, 04:35 PM
I almost bought one on-line direct from Mueller, but before I hit the buy button I did a bit more research. At first glance, the scopes get great reviews "for the money", but if you search some of the US forums and dig a little deeper, you start to get a picture that they really are no better than some of the other lower-end Asian manufactured scopes on the market.

I ended up buying a Burris Signature scope instead - it didn't have all of the fancy bells and whistles for the same money, but the optics were clear and the scope holds its zero very well.

Brian

SAVAGE300
01-17-2007, 05:49 PM
A few years ago I needed a new scope, spent hours of doing research, reading reviews for all kinds and magnifications. Ended up with a burris fullfield II 3x9x40, havent had the adjusting caps off it since it was sited in and believe me it gets banged around somedays out in the toolies, has never let me down,