PDA

View Full Version : I tell ya....it ain't right

ratherbefishin
10-01-2004, 12:51 PM
My adopted native son is 18 and wouldn't hunt to save his life-he;s a golfer[and a very good one, too, shoots a par game].He thinks it's funny the white guy and the Indian go into the store and buy two magazines- a golf digest and a hunting magazine-who bought which?I tried to bring the kid up right- but to no avail- I don't golf and he doesn't hunt.Too bad, because with the way moose hunting is, if he was interested, he could go to the band office and get a tag for asking for it, but not a chance....ah well, I tried....

3kills
10-01-2004, 03:44 PM
my brother in law is native...and he was brought up as a white man..he hunts during hunting season and only takes bulls and bucks...he gets harrassed at work by other natives cuz he says he cant wait till hunting season and they look at him and say u know ur indain right...

Fred
10-06-2004, 09:59 PM
It's all in how you look at it. Golf Courses have great fields of fire! :lol: Fred

ratherbefishin
10-07-2004, 08:23 PM
he ''lets'' me carry his golf bag...as long as I don't talk

3kills
10-08-2004, 03:14 AM
now thats funny... :lol:

ratherbefishin
10-08-2004, 07:26 AM
a couple years ago I had an LEH draw for a bull on Kinbasket lake, and as we passed Valemont he saw the golf course,and asked if we would just let him out there, and be picked up a week later on ourway out....there's no justice, I tried to raise him right but he just went astray....

gutpile
06-04-2013, 01:32 AM
well at least he's not hooked on the bottle.

Vader
06-04-2013, 08:09 AM
More chicks on the golf course than in the bush!
My son wasn't interested at all until he turned 24. Tried to get him interested when he was young. Too slow for him.
He approached me when he was ready and asked to go. He has a young family and is very devoted to them. I suggested he take a 3 day hunt with me to the east k and see what he thinks. Well.. long story short.. we saw some beautiful country, bugled elk every morning and night and on the last morning he was able to hunt he killed a 6x6 meat bull, off hand at 250, bang flop.
He left camp, went home, bought a beater truck and went hunting. Filled his tags in 3 weeks.
Moral of the story.... sometimes they come around.

Sasquatch
06-04-2013, 08:24 AM
I have a friend back east who lives to fly fish - best gear, exotic trips. His teenage son thinks fishing is a form of torture, considers it child abuse when dad makes him go.

Just letting you know you are not alone in your pain....

quadrakid
06-04-2013, 06:08 PM
Hey my dad was a golfer,never hurt an animal in his life. Can you imagine how he felt when i,m ten years old skinning muskrats in the backyard and snaring bunnies?:)

Hellfish Hunter
06-04-2013, 07:24 PM
Nice to hear a good story about a Native Canadian for a change, let him play all he wants, sound like you did a great job raising him!

Big Lew
06-04-2013, 07:46 PM
he ''lets'' me carry his golf bag...as long as I don't talk

I've seen some dandy bucks on golf courses, lol!:wink:

Singleshotneeded
06-04-2013, 08:17 PM
My adopted native son is 18 and wouldn't hunt to save his life-he;s a golfer[and a very good one, too, shoots a par game].He thinks it's funny the white guy and the Indian go into the store and buy two magazines- a golf digest and a hunting magazine-who bought which?I tried to bring the kid up right- but to no avail- I don't golf and he doesn't hunt.Too bad, because with the way moose hunting is, if he was interested, he could go to the band office and get a tag for asking for it, but not a chance....ah well, I tried....

That there be some strange doins, ratherbefishin...:-D

aggiehunter
06-04-2013, 09:30 PM
ya' know hunting ain't everything...if he's a good person and good golfer you have done your job...

BearSupreme
06-04-2013, 09:44 PM
We all have the human right to provide sustenance, Native or not. Too bad no one stands up for their rights in this country..

North49
06-05-2013, 07:49 AM
Doesn't sound like a bad kid at all, could be into worse things than golf. So he didn't follow in your foot steps, not everybody wants to be like their parents, maybe one day he will come around and want to try hunting.

igojuone
06-05-2013, 07:58 AM
What's wrong with golf?

MB_Boy
06-05-2013, 08:04 AM
well at least he's not hooked on the bottle.

Or replying to threads at 1:32 in the morning that are 8.5 yrs old......bottle involved in digging this one up? :tongue:

Foxton Gundogs
06-05-2013, 08:13 AM
ya' know hunting ain't everything...if he's a good person and good golfer you have done your job...

I don't get it :confused:that there statement's just wrong on some level:mrgreen:

scott_karana
06-05-2013, 11:20 AM
Or replying to threads at 1:32 in the morning that are 8.5 yrs old......bottle involved in digging this one up? :tongue:
No kidding! A thread from 2004??

riflebuilder
06-05-2013, 04:51 PM

Hide his cubs and don't give them back until the freezer is full of Moose.