PDA

View Full Version : Pitt River/ Fraser? Pitt Lake?

Polonez
12-28-2006, 11:11 PM
Im planning to get out on saturday and spend the day for Ducks/ Honkers.
Since Ive moved from alberta its been tough to find decent spots locally for shooting ducks and honkers for me. One I usually frequent is Canoe pass and It isnt bad but I have been trying to find something new and spent a few days driving around the pitt river/lake area and cant seem to find a decent spot to enter where I can set up? Maybe someone can point me in the right direction for saturday? I finally got my first BC buck when I went out with BCHunter earlier this year ;) so its been fun but I love the waterfowl and thats been a real problem for me.. Any help is appreciated..
I know Dano you sent me a PM long time ago about maybe taking me up with you one day but Your one busy guy and the line up is huge :)
Any help is appreciated.
Thanks
Pat

Ian F.
12-29-2006, 09:23 AM
Do you have a boat?

Have you looked at the Fraser Valley Hunting Map?

Ian

yngbuk
12-29-2006, 09:46 AM
try the ladnder dyke too i used to hunt there another thing you can do is get a hold of an organization called the local hunters club out of surrey they exclusive hunting rights to some farm lands. i used to hunt throught them all the time when i lived at the coast good luck

hoochie
12-29-2006, 11:32 AM
get a Fraser Valley map....
we saw several hundred ducks over the last few weeks. Some fields are packed full of ducks!
But be careful of your shots.. the swans are here now too. Dont mistake them for a snow goose.
Anyway, try the North flats of Abbotsford ( head down the Abby mission HIghway, then stay to the right down in those fields) or you could try the area by Keith Wilson bridge near Yarrow ( on the way to Cultus Lake) lots of birds along the Dyke and in those fields as well.
Dont bother with the South side of Abbotsford, as it is all reserved hunting... have to belong to a certain gun club.. they sold off the hunting rights to a gun club years ago.

Polonez
12-29-2006, 04:43 PM
thanks guys! I appreciate it!

Polonez
12-30-2006, 01:40 AM
No Guys no boat here. This seems to be my problem where I always tried and go scout. No access in chest waders and always seem to waste the day trying to find something decent. I guess Im looking in the wrong spots.
Let me know :) I really appreciate it... Its been a while since I had a nice non store bought duck on the bbq :frown:

thanks
Pat