PDA

View Full Version : My first double!

MichelD
12-28-2006, 03:01 PM
Today was my wife and I's 32nd wedding anniversary.

So I went duck hunting.

I picked up my buddy and his son in Coquitlam and we set out to our spot along the river. It was such a birght clear morning it didn't look very promising at first, but we deployed a dozen goose decoys on the shore, a robo and a dozen floating duck dekes.

Finally a few stray ducks went by, then suddenly to my left, two came in low, so without even having time to stand up, I shot once and one spun and started falling, and then while he was still in the air, I shot again and dropped the hen in the water.

I kid you not, the drake landed with a thump right beside me, between the log I was on and the blind.

My partner got a drake later in the morning too, but it got up and tried to run and his N.S, duck toller jumped it and brought it back.

When I got home and presented the pair to my wife she said "Oh, nice, a married couple for the anniversary!"

Dano
12-28-2006, 07:19 PM
Way to go Michel! Scoring a double still is a big deal to me too. I've had lots this year but up until last year I hadn't had too many.
Went to the marsh today to relocate my blind way back near the mountain, had to break a 1/4" of ice on the way for a few hundred yards...
Cut the blind off and loaded it onto another boat I brought and towed it up the slough to the new spot. Looked pretty funny and I'm sure the walkers on the dyke were wondering what the hell we were doing!
All went well, hope the wind is right so we can use it but just to be sure, we built a new blind across and over 50 yards or so from the transported blind (we decided to call the transported blind the "second chance" blind so when we talk about where we've been hunting we know which spot).
Nice day and I took a few pictures, looks like the new blind will have a good view!
http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/pittmtn1.JPG

http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/medium/widgeonvalley1.jpg

Should be a good one saturday!
Dan

craigchaplin
01-01-2007, 07:16 PM
Nice goin on the double!
None fer me this year.........could be a good new years resolution............to try anyways.