PDA

View Full Version : I need some INfo on hunting The Okanagan/Shuswap.

Mulie_Hunter
09-28-2004, 09:52 AM
Does anybody know of any good deer (mulies or whitetails) hunting area's in the Vernon ,Salmon arm area?I just moved here a year ago and haven't been able to get out and look for deer. Any info will help the cause.

Mark

3kills
09-28-2004, 11:02 AM
go to the other side of big white mountain.....i dont know how far..i have never hunted there before but i was told there is some good whitetail hunting there...

Mulie_Hunter
09-28-2004, 11:51 AM
thanks for the info , I believe that thats getting into that christian valley area isn't it?

willyqbc
09-28-2004, 04:18 PM
I grew up in Vernon, Lavington to be exact and a couple places around there you might want to check out are; out beyond Cherryville (whitetails), up in the hills behind Falkland (mulies), up in the hills around Coldstream (both). Haven't been down to hunt these areas in quite a while but I would imagine they are still good.

Chris

Mulie_Hunter
09-28-2004, 04:28 PM
Thanks for the tips I'll have to check them out.

3kills
09-28-2004, 06:19 PM
yes mulie thats the christian valley area...good white tail hunting in there and a good spot to put in for leh doe draws for white tail....

Mulie_Hunter
09-28-2004, 06:31 PM
Thanks, 3kills I've never hunted there before but i'll have to try and get down there and give it a go.
mark

09-28-2004, 09:55 PM
l have heard you have some really good country right out side of town in the burn areas that hit a few years back!
If your interested, when l get back from my Atlin hunt (15-18 oct) l will show you some of the country between S/A and Vernon...........there is some good mulie country not far from you 8)
If you get up above Pritchard, towards the Martin Prairie main and check the country out towards Falkland, there is some very huntable country in there and a fair number of moose as well as deer. Also heading south of S/A towards silver creek, the burns are supose to hold alot of deer l have been told.
Let me know how your hunting schedual goes...........and good luck!

3kills
09-29-2004, 03:15 AM
mulie i have never been there before but i have been told what its like...this year i m going to hunt 8-14 in either late oct or early nov...

Mulie_Hunter
09-29-2004, 10:44 AM
I know a couple of guys out of seachelt who hunt the christian valley every year and they always get their deer whitetails and mulies. From what they tell me there are also quite a few black bears in that area. I'll have to check out the fly hills burn one of these days I can see it from my house but its so close to town I never thought of it as a hunting spot. Mark

timbergiants
10-08-2004, 02:42 PM
Probably late news for you here -

The Lumby area just outside of Vernon has really good whitetail hunting. With muleys higher up.

Garry Nunn
11-01-2004, 10:18 PM
I have hunted 8 12 8 14 8 15 for 18 years mule and white tail if you need info contact me gwnunn@telus.net