PDA

View Full Version : Hunting Boundary Bay over the next couple of days? Take Heed!

Ian F.
12-21-2006, 10:55 PM
Tides with the winter soltice are about 60cm, 2 feet higher then the normal highest of the day! and the lows are really low, .4.

I was planning on heading out, but think the conditions may be such that hunting will be hard and potentially dangerous (in a boat). If you are walking, know your ground as the soltice tides always are quite different.

Very best,

Ian

Dano
12-22-2006, 12:30 AM
We're really seeing it upstream on the fraser river too. I had to make some modifications to the ramp that leads to the float at work because the low tides were making the ramp hang up on the wood because the ramp swung too low. First time I can remember only climing down to the float and only stepping down two rungs on the ladder (must be 15ft tides at least). Made it easy to pass the tools down though.
Dan
Watch your decoys as they may float off or be caried off by debris.

Ian F.
12-22-2006, 11:18 AM
I was out at Canoe pass in a 4.1 tide an the water was over the marsh by at least a foot, so with a 4.6 forcast, I don't think there will be much ground above water, so my plan is Pitt for saturday..

Ian

fuzzwilkens
12-23-2006, 12:36 AM
thanks for the advice Ian.

I was thinking of making it out to the pass this weekend but the prediction and solstice combo makes it seem like not much ground to hunt on.

-Loc

Ian F.
12-23-2006, 02:37 PM
I used to the hunt the bay of fundy quite a bit (highest tides in the world) and getting tide stayed, or stuck is pretty scary in a boat, let alone as a walk in. Can't be too careful with this stuff..

Ian