PDA

View Full Version : Anyone fish Mill Lake in Abbotsford?

Rhys
12-20-2006, 06:17 PM
Has anyone fished Mill Lake in Abbotsford before? I have ready that there are lots of fish in there including catfish, carp and bass. My sister and her husband recently moved to Abbotsford and my Wifes family lives there so we are out that way a lot, I was wondering if its worth going to drop a line for a few hours and which method would be best.

Rhys

Kechika
12-20-2006, 06:27 PM
Beware of Crack heads and Bodies.:lol:

Rhys
12-20-2006, 06:30 PM
hmm, sounds like they might put up a good fight, whats the best bait for crack heads?

Rhys

ex bc guide
12-20-2006, 06:38 PM
hmm, sounds like they might put up a good fight, whats the best bait for crack heads?

Rhys
most likely crack:lol:

.270boy
12-20-2006, 06:53 PM
I think you might as well give it a try. I caught my very first fish in that lake when i was about 4... pretty sure theres still some in there lol. id say anychance to get out fishing you might as well take it.

The Dawg
12-20-2006, 07:20 PM
I tried it for a few hours about 2 years ago...apparently there is a resident population of smallmouth bass in there, but I didnt catch anything except a few 'needlefish'...

BIGHUNTERFISH
12-20-2006, 07:29 PM
Mill Lake is pretty much a seniors and kids lake,they release alot of 12 inch hatchery rainbows in there in the early spring and some big brood stock as well.It is very crowded on the shoreline and there are ducks every where ,it is not my cup of tea .Try some of the lakes around Mission like rolley,or the stave river,more peace and quiet.:lol:

Rhys
12-20-2006, 07:36 PM
Yeah if I am going by myself I will get out of the city more but I don't have that much time to get out of town and schedule with my dad, speaking of seniors, he just turned 60 haha! I might ead down there with him and see what its like next time we are in abby.

Rhys

The Dawg
12-20-2006, 08:09 PM
Good call on Rolley....if you decide to go there (and are shore fishing, theres a no-power boat restriction) , park in the lot and head straight towards the lake. Follow the shore to the left about 100 yards and theres a small little beach (past the swimming area) near some lily pads. Try casting with a small lure, I have always caught a few each time I am there.

Rhys
12-20-2006, 09:18 PM
Imight go check it out friday or saturday for a couple hours see how it goes.

Rhys

huntwriter
12-20-2006, 10:51 PM
Mill Lake is stocked with rainbows but also has resident catfish, large mouth bass and a few bluegills.

In the summer it is crowded but in the spring, fall and winter you have the lake to yourself. Marshmallows, Powerbait (pink and red), #3 Blue Fox inline spinners (gold, red and green) plus #3 Mepps Spinners (same colors as Blue Fox Spinners) work well. Live bait such as worms work quite well too. The best is to take a few lures with you and try them out.

Fishing can be a bit though at times but this time of the years try the shallows in the afternoon and around the dock. So far I pulled one or more decent hatchery trout and,or LM Bass of that lake at every trip I made to Mill Lake.

It’s not the best lake but for a short trip it is lots of fun and lots of fish in the lake.

Good Luck.

blacksn95
12-21-2006, 02:14 PM
If you want some decent action grab a light medium action rod and get some carp Boilies or some corn and read up on the web on how to use them... Theres some decent size carp in there....

Vince

Rhys
12-21-2006, 02:47 PM
Yeah they carp is what we will be going after i think. We love carp fishing in England.

Rhys

Ronforca
12-21-2006, 06:11 PM
The hatchery used to dump their old spawners in the lake so there are some big fish in the lake.I used to leave thr lake to the kids and the retired folks as it is so easy for them to get to.Also there are a lot of storm sewers that dump into the lake from 7 Oake,etc so I would not recommend eating anything caught in the lake.