PDA

View Full Version : Anyone hunted in Italy before or know anything about it?

Rhys
12-19-2006, 10:28 AM
I will be in Italy Next year, North East part near a smal town called Ancona. My sister is getting married there at her fiance's aunts villa in the countryside. Talking with her fiance this week he says they have a huge wild boar problem on the grounds of the villa and his uncle can't shoot enough of them, they just tear up the countryside. He mentioned that his uncle would probably be happy to have someone go out for a few days to try and tag some of these big guys.

I have been looking on the internet but could not coome up with anything that says what might be required to hunt in Italy.

If you have any info let me know.

Thanks

Rhys

bighornbob
12-19-2006, 11:24 AM
Go to Accurateloading.com. Its a forum like but the canada section sucks. It got a real section on african hunts and from other places. Go to the European section and post a message there, alot guys from around that area mid to eastern erupeans who may be able to help you directly as opposed to here say you may get here.

BHB

Rhys
12-19-2006, 12:15 PM
Thanks for the reply BHB but I cant seem to get that wesite to work, do you have a link?

Rhys

bighornbob
12-19-2006, 12:24 PM
Sorry about that, its accuratereloading not just loading. Anyway, here is the link.

http://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve

BHB

Rhys
12-19-2006, 12:32 PM
Awesome, I got it now!

Thanks again.

Rhys

Elkhound
12-19-2006, 12:57 PM
Would you mind updating us on whats all involved. I am curious. I hope you get to whack a few boars as well. That would be cool8)

Rhys
12-19-2006, 01:15 PM
I'll let you know what happens. Not even sure if it will be possible, or if it will be cost prohibitive.

I will keep this updated as much as possible.

Rhys

dime
12-19-2006, 05:07 PM
You could go ask the guys at Italian Sporting Goods. Oh wait, they will not give you the time of day unless you are dropping $2000 for a rifle and scope. Sorry.
Maybe the Italian consulate in Vancouver would be a better option 684-7288.