PDA

View Full Version : Interesting few days

Ian F.
12-18-2006, 03:22 PM
Appears the power outages where spotty, with our location in port moody without until yesterday sometime.

I spent friday in an attempt to scout, with only one car I took the day off with the plan of taking my wife to work and then going from there. Well, she is a substitute teacher right now and the school she got called to was closed due to power out, so my drop and run, became a return, pick up and a drop off at another school. After fighting traffic I finally got to where I was going at 11, not the 9am I had planned. Some scouting showed me what I was after and I set up for a brief (1 hr hunt) but only got a suntan, talk about wierd, all hell one day, sunday and calm the next...

Our plans originally where to go to washington to hunt with some friends for sea ducks and pintails, and they got the storm way worse then us, but after a bunch of back and forth we went for heat and no power in washington, versus neither in BC. THe saturday hunt was scratched, but I did get out sunday and tried out and aquapod for the first time, one neat little boat that you could easily fall asleep in! With any luck, I'll be adding one to my arsenal for next year.

So between the weather, and the horrible traffic and issues it caused I had an interesting weekend, was is all system normal for everyone else?

Very best,

Ian

craigchaplin
12-18-2006, 05:28 PM
Power never went out at home fer me. Work apparently was ok too, although i didn't go as the drive from delta to west van is horrible on normal days much less when there are trees down all over the place. Not to mention lights out etc. etc. Done a fair bit o duck huntin last week though.....got out two days in a week! Did really well sunday but yeah the weather has sure been weird and usually the day i end up goin huntin turns out to be nicer. Lucky me er not? Good weather fer me but usually not so good fer the ducks. Either way still any day out duck hunting is better than sitting at home or workin and can still be done without power or heat!
ps .......what kinda boat is that?

Ian F.
12-18-2006, 06:03 PM
Craig,

Found out too that working for hydro does you no good whatsoever!

The boat is the aquapod by attbar out of washington. http://www.attbar.com/aquapod/gallery/aquapod_gallery.htm look at the various tabs under aquapod, will be a killer boat for b-bay!

IAn

308BAR
12-18-2006, 07:37 PM
Hey Ian I've been doing a fair bit of research into different duck boats out there and I found this site quite informative link below. They also have a section of commercially available duck boats. I haven't gone through all the links but they have some greats sites which are a good resource for any quacker wacker. I'm trying to find a 1 or 2 person boat myself and that is light, portable and cost efficient that I could use in the marsh or even on a river delta. Hope this opens a few more option....cheers.

http://duckboats.net/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?forum=8;guest=36249

Ian F.
12-18-2006, 08:44 PM

take a look at the section of that page on the devlin mallard, you'll find a picture of me with my golden...

Used to be part of that page from almost day one, but don't agree with either the present management, nor with the way of only telling a selected rosie side of things.

Tell me more about how you wish to hunt, and more importantly how you think you may hunt. I have amased quite a collection of books, plans and info on duckboats over the years dating back to Perrines original sneakbox from 1836. The only reason I'm not working on my 5th duckboat is I don't have the space I used to.

Very best,

ian