PDA

View Full Version : Calm before the storm?

MichelD
12-14-2006, 09:27 AM
With a big storm predicted to be rolling in tonight, it makes me wonder how the ducks are behaving.

It’s calm right now, but in your experience, do ducks and geese sense bad weather coming, and are they flying around now seeking some sheltered areas, do they ignore it, or move around once the storm hits?

So would bird movement and hunting be better before, during or after the storm?

Ian F.
12-14-2006, 09:44 AM
Michel,

Depends on the pattern of weather, if there is a period to feed up after the last event they will and hence change what they do for the next one. I think we can expect birds looking for shelter and just hunkering and staying put.

They will be flying around, but like speed demons!

Very best,

Ian

MichelD
12-14-2006, 09:46 AM
Well I was going to maybe try this morning in B-Bay before the storm, but work reared its ugly head instead, so I'm at the computer wondering what it's like out there.(when I'm supposed to be working)

kishman
12-14-2006, 12:21 PM
I was really hoping to be out today to see this for myself but.....got to go into work:mad: . I can hardly wait for this latest storm, the one the other day cost me $400. in roof repairs:mad: .doh!

craigchaplin
12-15-2006, 02:22 PM
I was out yesterday mornin......and most of the day. Was a good shoot ducks flyin all over the place. Only problem was the darn wind...was tryin to keep it at my back but had to switch spots several times to do so. Decoyed in a few nice pairs and some singles. The dog made some good retrieves and I definately tested my new jacket and waders.....was bloody miserable out there. Which is good fer ducks though.....at least yesterday anyways.