PDA

View Full Version : gone in 60 seconds for ........

bone-collector
09-18-2004, 11:16 PM
ok gang have a great and safe hunting season , Im out of here in 9 hours to spatzizi park to go play with some 60" moose again (guiding) and when I get back myself and anphibious are going after my leh bull here, so it will be a while before I spend time BS'n again :D

good luck on your hunts again , lets see some fresh pics this fall , see if I can add a few more as well

Rob

Thunderstix
09-19-2004, 07:39 AM
Hope you do well Rob and can't wait to see the pictures. I am off deer/goose hunting today myself....but only for the day.
Mike

3kills
09-19-2004, 08:27 AM
hey rob hope u have a good guiding trip...
good luck stix..i m going out this morning too in about 15 minutes or so..just for deer though

Amphibious
09-20-2004, 12:45 AM
See Rob, you're bad luck! the day you leave, I shoot a nice bear :P

I;m sure I'll hear all your stories on our moose hunt. Moose for you, Chicken genocide pour moi! :twisted:

3kills
09-20-2004, 02:52 AM
hey willer u got another bear??? where u hunting with chris???

swamper
09-20-2004, 08:21 AM
I got home last night from hunting in McLeese lake to find Amphibious's bear hanging in my barn. I go away for a day and Chris starts filling up my barn again. Congrats on the bear. We will be cutting it up for you later this week. Send me a PM and let me know how you want it done.
Chris H.

Amphibious
09-20-2004, 09:01 AM
Chris said something about thursday - figure I bring two coolers full of beer and we cut up a bear? of course to fit the bear in the coolers we'll have to make some room :D

Thunderstix
09-20-2004, 09:02 AM
Saw geese but of course they were on the "closed" side of the road. No deer but didn't really hit the deer areas. We did however go for a bear hunt up a creek. The bears were not yet thick in it but we did find some very very fresh salmon kills. We will go back in 2 weeks.

swamper
09-20-2004, 09:11 AM
I think if you bring a cooler that should be enough. You should get about 60# of straight meat boned out and ground into burger. Looking forward to meeting you. By the way, what ever gave you the idea that Chris and I drink beer.. Could it have been the few empties in the barn??????? :lol: :lol: :lol:

willyqbc
09-20-2004, 04:54 PM
Well it looks like Willer isn't going to blow his own horn so I'll do it for him. He made 2 great shots on that bear!! 1st shot the bear was sitting facing us at about 275-285 yds....out of comfortable range for his 303 so I passed over the trusty .270 and told him to aim for the forehead. BOOM!!! down goes the bear and starts rolling down the hill a bit.....BOOM!!! miss, bears now up again and running sidehill from left to right. BOOM!!! bear cartwheels and comes to a stop in some immature pine. First shot took the bear dead in the top of the chest....maybe an inch to the right of the spine. 3rd shot, on the run@270+yds took him in the front shoulder. Pretty fine shooting if you ask me! Willer sure was game on that bad leg too, he went through a slash covered in rolling hills to get to his bear..... I could tell it was hurtin him, and collapsed on him a few times.....pretty gutsy effort!!. Any week-end warriors who give up cause there a bit tired or sore could learn something from this guy. Unfortunately the bad leg cost him a real nice buck first thing in the morning because he couldn't get out of the truck quite fast enough....oh well, lots of season left!!

Congrats again and well done Willer!!

Amphibious
09-20-2004, 05:19 PM
sometimes you just get lucky I guess :oops: could never have got it with out super Chris! (willyqbc) if any of you get the priviledge of being graced with his presence you'll have nothing but laughs all day :D

and we have totally hijacked poor Robs thread again..... :P

willyqbc
09-20-2004, 05:54 PM
and we have totally hijacked poor Robs thread again.....

Thats OK, he's gone guiding so he'll never know!!

As far as being "graced by my presence" ...... I think it's more of an odour than a presence!! :lol:

Chris

3kills
09-20-2004, 07:41 PM
sounds like u guys had a good hunt and way to go willer on the bear..did ya get pics of this one???

bone-collector
09-26-2004, 06:56 AM
well I am home...have been since wed morning when the clog clearned nuff for the 185 to make an emergency pick-up and been in the lakes district hospital since, (no I didnt get my ass kicked by a bear or shot by a hunter) but did aquire what the dr is calling an absessed intestine (which stops yea dead in your thracks beleive me , the next woman that says try delivering a baby I will argue pain factor :lol: )

we did see a few nice moose before i left but no shooters

oh well theres next year, and now we can have the tag team of anphib and Bones the special olympics hunting team, him on cruches and me running around with a dam iv tower , stoned on T3s :lol:

willyqbc
09-26-2004, 08:46 AM
Sorry to hear about your guts going on ya Rob! If you need some extra muscle when you and amphib go for your moose, give me a shout and I can probably free up a week-end to come up and be a pack horse!

Chris

bone-collector
09-26-2004, 09:47 AM
we were just talking about that Chris, I have 5 more days of going into the hospital for a daily dose of IV chemicals and a free hi , then I have to see the Dr again, hopefully this crap works and I wont need surgery or Ill be hunting at overwaitea this winter :evil: but I will get ahold of you soon , I did learn a couple of things on this trip though, #1 make dam sure you have medica supplies for everything and I mean everything and #2 that the new winchester model 70 camo stainless in 300WSM will be my next purchased rifle ...dam was that hunters rifle some sweet peice of work and deadly silent to operate , fit like a glove, the little bumps on the stock are a harder rubber texture for grip , action was so smooth it made spreading butter on toast seam like a ruff job :lol: , Ill give winchester a 10 out of 10 for that rifle, oh and accuracy was 5 shots 3/8ths @ 100 (180Gr bullets) we had a 300 win mag in camp as well, recoil compairison about 60% of the full sized 300 ..I am impressed for sure

http://www.winchesterguns.com/prodinfo/catalog/images/535940m.jpg

3kills
09-26-2004, 03:14 PM
oh god he is back...lol just buggin ya rob..shitty to hear about ur guts...