PDA

View Full Version : lay down blind question

wos
01-10-2013, 09:35 PM
I have come to the conclusion me and the group of guys I hunt with need lay down blinds. I have never used one and was wondering if there is enough room for a dog at your feet and if the have a dog door? If not what do you do to hide your dog? also any suggestions on brands or features to look for would be a big help. thanks.

lorneparker1
01-10-2013, 09:46 PM
The bigger blinds have room forsure. Avery Migrator, The new cabelas one, THe Pro guide xl From final approach are all big enough to put a dog at your feet.

You can also get a blind for the dog.

http://www.averyoutdoors.com/finisher_dog_blind.html

http://www.fabrand.com/products/dog-accessories/mutt-hut-blind-ii/realtree-max-4/

But in reality, if your dog is well trainined and doesnt break, you can have him laydown right next to the blind. As long as he is doesnt move to much, he'll be fine.

Lorne

Ian F.
01-11-2013, 07:11 AM
Zoe just sits between the blinds around my shoulder. If your dog isn't steady get a dog stake and tie em! Also, the flagging holes in some models allow you to stick your arm out and hold your dog. If she was in the blind with me, every mark would be a blind, not what I'm after. The foot are puts them too close to the barrel and risk. I have a GHG dogblind, spend lots of time training, Zoe prefers to just sit.

wos
01-11-2013, 07:33 AM
thanks for the info guys.

Mr. Dean
01-11-2013, 11:52 AM
Careful what you buy -------> 1 inch of room goes a looooooooong way in one of these, in or OUT of your favour. :wink:

Find someone that has one and try it out.
Then look up its dimensions to figure out what you need - You'll need wiggle room for working calls.

wos
01-11-2013, 09:17 PM
So are there any brands that should be avoided? Or are they all about equal quality just find the right fit?

Mr. Dean
01-11-2013, 09:32 PM
I like my Hunter Specialty *Hit Man Blind* for it's room and sturdiness.
Also got a couple from Cabalas that are good too. They're not as roomy but take-down is a cinch and I can fit 2 of them into my TJ.

Don't recall the brand name on them though....

Foxton Gundogs
01-15-2013, 09:18 PM
I have a Final Approach Pro Guide with dog door, there is room for me and a 55 lb very steady Golden. However I find it works much better to put a crate whicih I have camo painted and add field grass, cprn or what ever to and put it right beside me works very well indeed. I am 6'2 and 245 lbs and there is lots of room.