PDA

View Full Version : Newbie-Hi!

zaconb
12-11-2006, 10:45 AM
Just thought I’d stop by and introduce myself! My name is Rick Mackenzie formerly of P.E.I, now Gatineau Quebec (Ottawa Hull), and it looks like soon too be in the Vancouver area. A new friend and frequenter of this board Ian F. recommended I sign up and say hi.
So here I am, I’m a huge waterfowl hunter and the only time I can’t be found on the water in my duck rig is when I’m chasing upland birds with my GSP’s and DD or Turkey hunting.
I must say from what I’ve seen you guys and gals have a great site!
Cheers
Rick

shorthairs in their blind!

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c277/zaconb/boysblind.jpg

Chas on point
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c277/zaconb/IMGP0539.jpg

Taking the 10ga for a trip!
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c277/zaconb/Chasme00.jpg

Wildman
12-11-2006, 10:58 AM
Hi and welcome!

kishman
12-11-2006, 11:51 AM
Hi Rick, welcome to the site and the Lower Mainland! Good to see you already bought a rain jacket:lol: .

bighornbob
12-11-2006, 11:54 AM
Once you start hunting moose, elk, mule deer, mountain sheep and mountain goats you put away the duck boat.:lol:

Welcome to the site.

BHB

zaconb
12-11-2006, 12:19 PM
Once you start hunting moose, elk, mule deer, mountain sheep and mountain goats you put away the duck boat.:lol:

Welcome to the site.

BHB

Big game hunting, new guns, new cloths, more gear... sign me up:lol:

Caveman
12-11-2006, 12:19 PM
Welcome Rick

Murder
12-11-2006, 12:24 PM
Welcome Rick. This is a great site with heaps of knowledgeable hunters. 10 gauge? wow, always wanted one of those. Where do you get your ammo?

Murder
12-11-2006, 12:25 PM

Welcome to the site.

BHB

Have you ever hunted waterfowl? How could you just stop because their is other game to chase? I hunt big game animals, but will ALWAYS find time to hunt waterfowl. It is great fun, and rewarding to.

zaconb
12-11-2006, 01:04 PM
Welcome Rick. This is a great site with heaps of knowledgeable hunters. 10 gauge? wow, always wanted one of those. Where do you get your ammo?

Thanks for the welcome, almost all of my ammo comes from Cabelas or Mack's Prairie Wings :)

johnes50
12-11-2006, 02:59 PM
Welcome Rick. I'm not a waterfowl hunter, but I see that you've got all the right gear. I like the camo jacket on you dog. John

Ian F.
12-11-2006, 03:07 PM
Rick,

When you get to the BC border there is a great big huge sign that says, "British Columbia, the best place on earth". Now I've only lived here since June, but so far I've had the best waterfowling of my life, world class fishing, open friendly and honest people, all I can say is the sign is totally correct!

Welcome to one of the friendly spots on the web..

Very best,

IAn

gary mok
12-11-2006, 03:41 PM
welcom rick I just came back from ducks hunted and filled up my bag limited,hope to see you in B.bay soon.

dave
12-11-2006, 04:02 PM
Welcome Rick, I think you will find BC to your liking it is a great place to live and hunt.

tuchodi
12-11-2006, 04:24 PM
Welcome Rick. I think you will find BC to your liking. Have fun Hunting and Fishing

Rainwater
12-11-2006, 04:34 PM
Yes Welcome to BC, we have some great op's here for hunting. I am wondering what kind of 10 guage that is? I have I beleive the exact gun made by IBARGUN. I have shot geese at 40 to 50 yards, in the old lead days that is! Regards,

zaconb
12-11-2006, 04:49 PM
Yes Welcome to BC, we have some great op's here for hunting. I am wondering what kind of 10 guage that is? I have I beleive the exact gun made by IBARGUN. I have shot geese at 40 to 50 yards, in the old lead days that is! Regards,

That beast is an AYA 32"bbl Full/Full:twisted:

bsa30-06
12-11-2006, 05:44 PM
Rick, welcome to HBC and BC i'm sure your going to like it here.

Dano
12-11-2006, 08:34 PM
WTF!!! Those easterners are just like Tequilla, let one in and there's lots more right behind them! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Welcome to the site and congratulations on moving to our area of B.C.. If you can stand the traffic and rainy season, you'll love it here. Ian has had one of the sunniest summers and coldest/wettest fall/winter we have had in quite a while. I would say duck hunting is a little below the last 2 years but still pretty good. I'm sure Ian has told you about our long season and liberal limit of 8 birds.
Great pictures, keep 'em coming.
Dano
P.S. Tell us about your dog!

rock
12-11-2006, 10:26 PM
Welcome to the sight rick I'm sure you'll enjoy the sight there is a lot of terrific people as well as knowledge and experiance.
Rock

craigchaplin
12-12-2006, 01:56 PM
Welcome Rick.....should be fun fer yah here...might have to learn a few new tricks fer waterfowling here as the places to go are limited.....not as much pressure i don't think though. Its not as popular here as back east. Although if Ian is a buddy of yers it looks to be like he knows his bird business fer sure.Goodluck!

Frango
12-12-2006, 03:49 PM
Welcome to BC .The best hunting on the planet.well maybe the yukon??Just don't appy for any LEH draws.......Just kidding.

Johnnybear
12-12-2006, 09:45 PM
Welcome to the site Rick and to Super Natural British Columbia (I like the old slogen better). That's a really nice duck boat set up you have there. What brand of boat is that? and is it factory paint or did you paint it?(if so nice job!). Nice dogs too by the way.

zaconb
12-13-2006, 06:09 AM
Welcome to the site Rick and to Super Natural British Columbia (I like the old slogen better). That's a really nice duck boat set up you have there. What brand of boat is that? and is it factory paint or did you paint it?(if so nice job!). Nice dogs too by the way.

Thanks for the welcome and the complements!
It's a Lowe 1852mt with a Mud Buddy 27hp long tail I painted the boat myself but don't look to close, there are lots of paint drips :lol:

Johnnybear
12-13-2006, 08:45 PM
That's the exact set up I'm looking for. They now have them pre painted Mossy Oak Shadow grass from the factory. How do you like the mud buddy? I've been researching them a bit do to problems associated with jet drives. Did you purchase the boat and motor in Canada? dealer? Any info would be appreciated.