PDA

View Full Version : Got skunked!!

craigchaplin
12-10-2006, 09:56 PM
Headed out today to the "spot". Not a very productive day at all! Wasn't many ducks flyin around......saw about 3 pairs and a few singles. Even picked up the dekes and moved once, then decided to row around some and try to jump em.....nope they weren't there. I think the ducks must'v been in the fields as the snow just came off em. Either that or they were hidden but good. Of course there was one chance when i called in a pair but the dog was so bored he was gettin ansy and spooked em.....almost killed him. Ah well....still was a relaxing day, if a little disappointing but did get a little training in.......he won't be movin around in the blind anymore. He's done really well fer his first year so far so i won't hold it against him. Anyways........thats my rant, feel much better to get it all out. Hope you all did bettern me!:smile:

Dano
12-10-2006, 10:24 PM
Quaaaaack, quaaaaaaaaaack, quaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!:lol: :lol: :lol:
Had those days too, makes you appreciate the good ones more.
I agree that a lot of the birds are taking this opportunity to hit the fields, we saw lots heading out of the marsh before daylight and there wasn't much around all morning.
Your dog can never get enough training. Maddie has taken to whinning a lot now (at 4 years old), I can get her to stop for a bit but not too long (especially early in the day). She's getting to be a good bird spotter though, but if she see's 'em and we don't shoot, she starts to whine again,.... sometimes she'll bark if we let anything land in the dekes and don't shoot! :lol:
Dano

kyleklassen
06-15-2013, 09:09 PM
keep your chin up....k.k.

pnbrock
06-15-2013, 09:26 PM
mr klassen are you hitting the bottle again?

field marshal
06-15-2013, 09:40 PM
Ha ha I love it!!The "DEMON" rum slides into his mouth to steal his mind???---Cheers---Field Marshal.