PDA

View Full Version : Recurve help

rageous
12-09-2006, 08:16 PM
I'm new to the world of traditional style hunting/shooting...so this is all new to me.

I recently picked up a recurve and the limbs have been painted camo. I would really like to get rid of the paint. Is there any precautions to be taken in trying to strip the paint off. I am worried the bow will delaminate and fall apart.

any help would be appreciated.

where in the lower mainland is a good place to get traditional accessories/supplies.

thanks

nick

FullDraw
12-09-2006, 10:11 PM
Nick check out the Traditional Bow Hunters Of B.C. we have are own website and there is some good bowyers on there that should be able to give you some advise. As for local traditional gear it's avalible threw Boorman Archery or Speacailty Shooting in Langley. A good dealer would be Wind Feather Archery he deals in Traditional archery. If you PM I can foward a copy of our magazine if you like.

Our web site is www.tbbc.kics.ca (http://www.tbbc.kics.ca)

FullDraw

greybark
12-18-2006, 09:45 PM
Hey Rageous , I suggest you stop in at Chek-Mate in Abbotsford for expert advice . They can do a like new job at a reasonable cost .

REMEMBER -- Keep Your Fingertab On --

rageous
12-18-2006, 10:12 PM
fulldraw-I tried to register on tbbc website but for some reason I can't post yet?:frown:

greybark-Thanks for the heads up on the checkmate dealer.

nick

FullDraw
12-18-2006, 10:26 PM
rageous pm sent

FullDraw

3/4 Slam
12-19-2006, 10:18 AM
I have also been trying to post on the TBBC website with no luck.

Blacktail
12-19-2006, 11:25 AM
the paint is not permanent
take some nail polish remover to get it off
then wipe the bow down with some dish soap

done it before and no damage to the bow or the finish