PDA

View Full Version : First good day......

kishman
12-09-2006, 07:03 PM
Well, after a few trial and error style trips to Boundary Bay I finally got into some birds. All I had to do was follow the advice of a wise old (well not too old;) ) gentleman in Christina lake. Too much fun, and no hippy grafitti on the car afterward:lol: . Kieth your the greatest!!

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k43/kishman_2006/ducks001.jpg

I know...it's a shoveler..............

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k43/kishman_2006/gaddy1.jpg

Correct me if I'm wrong, Gadwall hen..../?

Marc
12-09-2006, 07:09 PM
Is that one on the far right a shoveler? Yummy8-)

Nice shooting and a mix bag of ducks, Pintails, Teal,Widgeon, and shoveler.

Let me know how the shoveler taste.

Tarp Man
12-09-2006, 07:13 PM
Kishman, looks like the Nova is treating you well! Congrats.

palmer
12-09-2006, 07:16 PM
You are turning into a killing machine

kishman
12-09-2006, 07:19 PM
Learned from the best......8)

huntwriter
12-09-2006, 07:20 PM
Well done kishman. For a novice hunter you do really well. :)

Dano
12-09-2006, 09:02 PM
Nice bag!
That shoveller is a nice plummage drake and the drake pintail would be at the taxidermist if Ian had shot it!
The Gadwal is a drake I believe, the second bird in from the left looks like a hen Gadwal but if the feet are grey, it's a pintail hen. The daily limit for Pintail is 4 so if you keep getting good shots like that, you'll have to get better at bird ID on the wing!
Nice birds, were you pass shooting or using decoys?
Dano

gary mok
12-10-2006, 12:02 AM
way you go kishman,where did you go ?

craigchaplin
12-10-2006, 12:27 AM
Nice birds!........good ta hear you had a better day. Well done man!
On my way out in he mornin.....hopefully i'll do as well as you....

Freshtracks
12-10-2006, 12:48 AM
Nice mixed bag kishman.

Identification from left to right:
drake Pintail, hen Pintail, hen Greenwing Teal, drake Pintail (immature), drake Gadwall, drake Northern Shoveller.

* note for ID'ing sex ... males usually have heavier vermiculation in there plummage .. as noted on the drake Gadwall (shoulders) and Pintails Upper thighs ... females tend to be mottled.;)

Ian F.
12-10-2006, 02:08 PM
Great bag! and I concur with freshtracks.

if you id is weak, you should get a copy of lemasters bill id, pretty easy for most when in the hand. In the air you'll have to work on. As dano pointed out, only allow 4 pintails per day, and you bagged 3. harlequins only 2, ge's only 2, cans 4, hate to see you get pinched.

very best,

Ian

zaconb
12-11-2006, 01:07 PM
Great bag! and I concur with freshtracks.

if you id is weak, you should get a copy of lemasters bill id, pretty easy for most when in the hand. In the air you'll have to work on. As dano pointed out, only allow 4 pintails per day, and you bagged 3. harlequins only 2, ge's only 2, cans 4, hate to see you get pinched.

very best,

Ian

pintails, harlequins, cans, Oh Please, Please, Please :lol: