PDA

View Full Version : Access around Alouette Lake

magicarrowman
12-06-2006, 11:28 PM
I was thinking of catching some nice size trout, and I've heard that there's some half decent fish there. Has anyone done any fishing there recently? Are there alot of places to access Alouette Lake from? I'm not bringing a boat and just plan to fish from shore. Any info would be apprieciated.

hoochie
12-07-2006, 02:02 AM
there are Kokanee in there.. but when I went they were very tight lipped.
I troller around in my boat for a few hours, then tried to spin cast.. then even tried bait casting.. no success.
But, when we got back to the boat launch.. there was another guy who had been trolling around, and and his partner had fish and they said they regularly catch them in there.
Water clarity is chystal clear and the fish I saw were about 10" long.
And dont park at the first "parking lot" you see travel way down the road and then you are much closer to the water.. its probablu best to drive all the way to the boat launch to figure out where you are.. then go find parking. It wont be busy..just saves you a long hike.

good luck, and have fun!

magicarrowman
12-07-2006, 12:31 PM
Thanks. I'm going to give it a try this weekend. Hopefully they like my "special" bait, and I get a couple of bites. I've heard there are lake trout and bulls in there.... is this true?? What about cutties and rainbows??

pmj
12-07-2006, 07:17 PM
Golden Ears Park is closed for the season. I believe you will not be able to access the lake.