PDA

View Full Version : Late WT Hunt and Rendell Ck Dinner Wrap UP

greybark
12-06-2006, 09:49 PM
:) WOW what a dinner ! In spite of tough weather and snow conditions over 55 Bowhunters made their way to the old round log school house on the Rendell Ck Ranch . The meal of 2lbs of baby back ribs and prawns per person was primed with a donation of 3 cases of very fine Van Isl wine . Some of the appys that were available consisted of pickled quail eggs , hot nachos , salmon crepes and eight types of venison sausages . Desserts were Cheese cake , Kahlua cake , home made apple and blackberry pie with ice cream and other delicious offerings .
:) We fortunately have as a TBBC member a retired Chef who Bar-B-Q`d the ribs and as last year many claimed they were the best they had eaten .
8-) Door and raffle prizes were numerous and good quality and ranged from several treestands ,insulated snow camo coveralls , three Chek-Mate bows , Sasquach Game Cart and lots of other stuff . At one time one of the ladies present was wheeled around on the cart and went for a fictional bid of over $400 .A pair of mossy oak stuffed slippers with moosehead and antlers on the toes were the last to be auctioned off and after a furious bidding war ended up back with the donor (Member`s wife) who doesn`t understand why !
:smile: A great evening of food , refreshments ,laughter and comradery shared by all segments of bowhunters .

NEEHAMA
12-07-2006, 12:02 PM
now that sounds like a good time! any pic's?

Elkhound
12-07-2006, 12:46 PM
Thanks Greybark. Now I am hungry:lol:

blaker_99
12-07-2006, 02:03 PM
sounds like a blast. I really look forward to bowhunting every season. the bush is filled with great guys and is rather quiet copared to the rifle season (i have nothing against rifle season guys im one of them too) my brother, dad and i are already planning an outing for next year and yes the dinner is a must. cheers all. PS im so damn hungry now haha