PDA

View Full Version : Editing A Post

hunter1947
12-05-2012, 02:43 AM
To who this may concern I have noticed that sometimes when I want to edit a post I can't do ,,,,,,,the box that I want to edit in just comes up empty why does this happen I noticed it is happening to me more often then the past ??:confused:??.

Foxton Gundogs
12-05-2012, 08:38 AM
Dont feel alone H'47 happens to me as well I have noticed it seems like it happens more when photos are in the post VERY frustrating.

lilhoss
12-05-2012, 08:58 AM
x 3.Had it happen just the other day.I am usually very good at posting,pics and all.Went to post one the other day and lost the pic and the info.It wasn't a "time out",as it was a quick post.I thought it was my computer side of things.Damn internets!....time to "hard boot" my computer!

BimmerBob
12-05-2012, 11:24 AM
I have had this happen to me as well, I don't think it is source computer related. My feeling is it is bugs in the forum software making life interesting.

Drillbit
12-05-2012, 11:55 AM
Editing has been working for me, but replying with quotes hasn't? Just opens an empty box.

Foxton Gundogs
12-05-2012, 02:11 PM
Editing has been working for me, but replying with quotes hasn't? Just opens an empty box.

X2 on this as well, like the edit thing its not always sorta seems random but equaly frustrating especially for a technoidiot like me:evil:

hunter1947
12-06-2012, 04:50 AM

X2 me to same thing.

hunter1947
12-09-2012, 10:29 AM
Probes this morning when I edit post and even now I just tried to put a % on one of my latest posts will not let me I tried putting the % in 4 times will not let me ,,I had to put in percent instead.

The post was on bag limit reduction on mainland ,,what gives regarding this issue ????.

hunter1947
12-09-2012, 10:30 AM
What gives here I tried to put the percent into one of my latest posts edit post will not let me ???.

This post is under Kootenay deer bag limit reduced on mainland forum ,,,I tried 4 times to put the percent behind the number 80 won't let me ,,,will not let me use the percent in this post ether ???...

Will try to just put the Percent in right here now ????????????????????????????????????????????????? won't let me ????????????? you mods try to put in the percent in on this post and see if it will allow you to do this when I do put in the percent key on my key board then click onto the save bottom window just sits there doing nothing ????....

hunter1947
12-09-2012, 10:44 AM
% % % % % %

hunter1947
12-09-2012, 10:47 AM
Ex sample above post ,,,I cant edit the above post with the four percent digits are in the window just a blank window comes up when I click onto the edit post ,,really flustering to me..

reach
12-09-2012, 11:29 AM
Wayne that could be a good clue. Site admins, if you have a ticket open with vBulletin, they might want to know if the problem is related to special characters in the post being quoted/edited.

MB_Boy
12-09-2012, 11:52 AM
Wayne that could be a good clue. Site admins, if you have a ticket open with vBulletin, they might want to know if the problem is related to special characters in the post being quoted/edited.

I have also found certain characters won't show and occasionally default to a sign/ symbol I don't even have on my keyboard. I was trying to type something the other day and can't remember what "symbol/character" I was trying to type but it would show up as a small triangle?

This doesn't happen when using my iPad but my brand new laptop running Windows 7 sure seems to have trouble. Also it doesn't seem to happen on any other boards using vBulletin....just here?

hunter1947
12-14-2012, 08:29 AM
This happend to me two time today I have not done nothing different ????.

BlacktailStalker
12-15-2012, 01:37 AM
THis has been happening a lot to me on my iphone, I go to edit my post and the window comes up completely blank, often numerous times.

Brambles
12-15-2012, 08:40 AM
Same boat here, something goofy and not just limited to iphones.

Darksith
01-15-2013, 09:01 AM
happens to me on my laptop...would be nice to get this sorted.