PDA

View Full Version : Who says there's no immatures????

willyqbc
09-12-2004, 02:24 PM
Well its been a barn burner start of the season for me here so far. In addition to the archery bucks swamper and I took last week, Swamper got his LEH bull yesterday and my Pops and I got lucky and hammered an immature bull this morning!! :D :D Swampers barn is starting to look like a slaughter house as his relatives from the coast are up and took a bear as well!
Still waiting to get pics developed, but I will post em all up together when I get em done!!!

YEEHAW!!! FREEZERS FILLING UP!!! :D :D :D

Chris

Marc
09-12-2004, 03:20 PM
Good for you guys Chris. Glad to see some people are getting some animals this early in the season. You're making me jealous because I know my days of hunting are numbered over here. Hopefully next year I'll get the opportunity to go to the mainland and try something new. Congrats again and can't wait to see the pictures.

Marc.

3kills
09-12-2004, 07:21 PM
way to go chris..cant wait to see the pics...

Rufus
09-12-2004, 07:26 PM
Good for you guys, can't wait to see pic's.

Amphibious
09-12-2004, 07:39 PM
Sweet.... :D

swamper
09-13-2004, 08:17 AM
I am taking the film in at lunch after I get a good pic of the barn. Will pass them on to Willy and he will post in the next couple of days.. Now that the freezer is not looking quite so lonely, Chris and I are devoting the rest of the season to finding a wall hanger buck. Will be butchering on Thursday and Friday nights so this is going to be a busy week.
Chris H.

Nails
09-13-2004, 11:42 AM
Congrats on the animals guys.

Steeleco
09-13-2004, 03:40 PM
I know a fellow who got a nice 2x3 Sunday in or around Bridge lake. Not sure exactly where, says the saw 6 bulls and 7 bucks. I've seen his pictures, will wait too see your's soon.

partsman
09-13-2004, 10:30 PM
Well its been a barn burner start of the season for me here so far. In addition to the archery bucks swamper and I took last week, Swamper got his LEH bull yesterday and my Pops and I got lucky and hammered an immature bull this morning!! :D :D Swampers barn is starting to look like a slaughter house as his relatives from the coast are up and took a bear as well!
Still waiting to get pics developed, but I will post em all up together when I get em done!!!

YEEHAW!!! FREEZERS FILLING UP!!! :D :D :D

Chris

That is great, I am hoping to be up to that area on Oct. 12 or 13th, hunting Abhau lake and stony lake areas.

swamper
09-14-2004, 08:29 AM
Yet another moose got hung in the barn last night. Got a call from my son about 4:15 saying that Uncle Randy had just shown up with a perfect 2 X 2 bull. I called Willy and he came over and helped out and of course more pictures were taken. I took my other film in yesterday and the pics will be ready later today. Will give to Willy to post as I don't have a scanner. The pics of our deer did not turn out as the first part of the film was faulty according to the girl at the shop. Had to take them back this AM to have the doubles made as they neglected to do that too.

3kills
09-14-2004, 08:34 AM
man i would like to see your barn right about now lol...

swamper
09-14-2004, 08:55 AM
Will be posting pictures soon.

partsman
09-14-2004, 11:41 AM
Well I hope you post them soon, I am like I said before going to be up in 7-08 and hopefully score on something, so pictures will get us all in the mood.

3kills
09-20-2004, 03:07 PM
well today was opening day here for immature moose..every year my grandparents set up camp a few days before and then on opening day they go hunting well today at about 1 this afernoon when i was trying to sleep (worked graveys last night) i geta call from my grandma..."we got our moose today" so maybe this year might be a good one again in our lil honey hole of moose area...

willyqbc
09-20-2004, 04:39 PM
Pass on the congrats for us!! Hopefully we'll be reading about yours soon!!

Chris

3kills
09-20-2004, 07:38 PM
hopefully...me and my dad are going out tomorrow morning when he gets off work..to the same are and there was for sure another immature spotted there...

swamper
09-22-2004, 10:10 AM
Hey Marc, how can I get a picture posted of the moose hunt.

willyqbc
09-23-2004, 07:12 PM
Well here's some of the results of the first 4 days of moose season. One in the middle was shot on the 12th on LEH, the one on the right is mine from the 13th(immature). And the one on the left was from the 14th(immature)

http://www.bowzone.ca/cgi-bin/albums/willyqbc/aan.sized.jpg

Chris

3kills
09-23-2004, 07:30 PM
does that leh bull have a drop tine???
yours still had velvet???

nice moose....

willyqbc
09-23-2004, 08:39 PM
yeah mine was actualy in full velvet, but manhandling it into and out of the truck a bunch of it stripped off, and yes the LEH bull had a nice dropper.

Chris

Freshtracks
09-23-2004, 11:43 PM
So that's what an immature bull looks like. Hopefully find one for my son after the 9th.

3kills
09-24-2004, 01:30 AM
dont think i have ever seen a moose with a drop tine before...some real nice immatures there too...

swamper
09-24-2004, 08:51 AM
I have shot 3 moose within about about 3 km of where I got that one with the drop tine. They all have had a drop. Its in the gene pool. The other ones were smaller and it looked like they had a weird brow tine.

3kills
09-24-2004, 02:49 PM
well congrats swamper...i have always wanted to shoot a deer with a droptine but now i wanna shoot a moose witha drop tine too....