PDA

View Full Version : Editing a post/thread?????????????

One Shot
11-22-2012, 03:10 PM
Tried to edite a post/thread I started yesterday. I first typed the text in word then I pasted to the post. Now I cannot edit the post to add pictures. When I click on the edit button it brings me to an empty box, the post box is all blank - where did all the text go?????

Mr. Dean
11-22-2012, 03:38 PM
Alien Abduction.

The post deleted???

Whonnock Boy
11-22-2012, 03:53 PM
I too had this problem not long ago. Seems to have worked itself out. I did notify Spink of the glitch. I did not hear back from him, so did he fix it or not. I don't know. :confused:

markt308
11-22-2012, 04:47 PM
you know what's annoying me is when I look at all my old threads where I added photobucket pics, my pics are all gone!? pretty annoying but I guess thats why photobucket is free

Mr. Dean
11-22-2012, 06:22 PM
you know what's annoying me is when I look at all my old threads where I added photobucket pics, my pics are all gone!? pretty annoying but I guess thats why photobucket is free

Should still be there unless you pulled from the host.

Steeleco
11-22-2012, 08:50 PM
It's been an issue for some of us for quite some time. Sometimes things all work OK, other times not so!!

Mr. Dean
11-23-2012, 01:26 AM
It's been an issue for some of us for quite some time. Sometimes things all work OK, other times not so!!

Big Brother has their 'devices' on us, causing periodic disturbances???
I have not noticed this.

The Dude
11-23-2012, 02:22 AM

That happens a lot if you make folders, and put the pic in a folder. This software (vBulletin) will look for the pic in the location you specified before you moved or deleted it off the Photobucket server.

PS.....Had to edit the post, and it worked fine. I guess keep backing up, save your text often , and keep trying.

OR: Write it all up in Notebook (On your Startup Programs bar, lower left of desktop) and preview it at leisure.
When you're done, copy , paste here and post your thread.

markt308
11-26-2012, 02:05 PM
That happens a lot if you make folders, and put the pic in a folder. This software (vBulletin) will look for the pic in the location you specified before you moved or deleted it off the Photobucket server.

PS.....Had to edit the post, and it worked fine. I guess keep backing up, save your text often , and keep trying.

OR: Write it all up in Notebook (On your Startup Programs bar, lower left of desktop) and preview it at leisure.
When you're done, copy , paste here and post your thread.

thanks dude. i noticed photobucket did a total re-vamp recently and thats when i noticed my pics were gone off all my threads. not much i can do i guess except go back an upload them all again.