PDA

View Full Version : How much for basic bow accessories?

dan_plus_o
12-04-2006, 07:27 PM
I was wonderin how much the basic accessories for a bow would cost.

Here is what I am thinking:
-Arrow rest
-Sights
-Peep Sight
-Button kisser (probably good for a begginer like me)
-Trigger release
-around 5 arrows
-Stabilizer
-Quiver
-String Silencers

Obvioulsy you can't give an exact price quote on all that stuff, but around how much would I need to spend to make a BARE bow ready to hunt?

As most of you probably know, I am wanting to get a bow and I am trying to decide if I should buy a fully loaded bow or get a bare bow and then buy the accessories.

Bow Walker
12-04-2006, 07:40 PM
I was wonderin how much the basic accessories for a bow would cost.

Here is what I am thinking:
-Arrow rest
-Sights
-Peep Sight
-Button kisser (probably good for a begginer like me)
-Trigger release
-around 5 arrows
-Stabilizer
-Quiver
-String Silencers

Obvioulsy you can't give an exact price quote on all that stuff, but around how much would I need to spend to make a BARE bow ready to hunt?

As most of you probably know, I am wanting to get a bow and I am trying to decide if I should buy a fully loaded bow or get a bare bow and then buy the accessories.

Take a trip into Peter's Sports and see Rick Phipps. Ask him a few questions - take some notes. Be up front and tell him that you are gathering information right now. If I remember him right he will be very helpful to you.

Dan.

magicarrowman
12-04-2006, 07:59 PM
I agree with Bowwalker. Go see Rick and tell him Rob S. advised you go and see him. He'll know who I am. Rick or Kent(younger guy, dark hair) will be more than helpful. To add all your accessories to a bare bones bow....
anywhere between $100.00 and $400.00 depending on what you decide to go with. If I was still living in Courtenay, I'd take you in myself, but I've moved th the Fraser Valley. Maybe give mikek blacktail a PM and he could possibly tag along. If you go with him, he'll know to treat you right, ( not that he wouldn't ) but mikek blacktail is my best friend and Rick knows us both very well, so that alone will give you a bit better service.

willyqbc
12-05-2006, 06:16 PM
For "basic" stuff that will serve your needs expect to pay

arrow rest - basic prong rest $30
sight - Basic 3 or 5 pin sight $40
peep sight - $10-$15
kisser button - $5
release - $75 (don't scrimp too much here)
1/2 doz carbon arrows - $40-$50 or 1/2 dozen aluminum $30-$40
Quiver - $40-$50
Stabilizer - $30
Wrist sling - $15
string silencers - not really neccesary

So for new stuff look at spending over $250....personally I think there is great value for the money in finding a good used set-up that comes with the accessories. Just make sure you have someone who knows what they are doing check it out for you.

Chris

Cdn-Redneck
12-05-2006, 06:36 PM
One thing you could look at is a package price. I know Bowtech makes up a package that I believe goes for about$600. PSE also has accessory kits made up for there bows. My buddy bought a PSE Triton with the basic package for a good price. The acc. are decent with the exception of the rest which was a POS, but I had one here that worked much better.

dan_plus_o
12-05-2006, 08:27 PM
Are the accessories that come with this bow
http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=220055811305&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=012

good accessories? Will they be good enough?

2 piece quiver, 3 pin fiber optic sight, Peep Sight, Flipper Arrow Rest, Cat Whisker String Silencers. In addition I will throw in a Trigger Release, 4 New Carbon Express Arrows, with Expandable Broadheads

http://i15.ebayimg.com/06/i/000/77/6c/e88b_1.JPG

That is a ebay acution that I won. I didn't know it was a walmart bow and I was mixing up Fred Bear and Bear. So I was thinking I would get that bear buckmaster bow and then get something like this
http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=320056607311&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=011
Then I can use the accessories from the buckhunter bow and then try and sell the crappy walmart bow.