PDA

View Full Version : hunting season is upon us

bone-collector
09-08-2004, 10:40 AM
title says it all but a word for the would be traveler from down south to northern BC this year, we have had several road checks so far and many have police officers checking for firearm registration cards and being quite anal to a few folks already , figured it would be a good place to put out a reminder to have the registration cards or legible coppies of them with you while traveling this fall

a novel idea my son came up with was to photo copy them and then use a card collectors inder sheet, they have 9 pockets for hockey cards etc and the reg cards fit nice inside these and fit in the glovebox safe and sound

here is a link to a adobe pfd format firearm reg coppy program , you can edit it for your firearms and print your own coppies off , and yes copying the cards is legal

http://members.rogers.com/pollsale/cfcr.pdf

take care and have a good hunting season to all

Bonez

swamper
09-08-2004, 10:49 AM
Where abouts up north were they checking for registrations. I have not seen any yet.

bone-collector
09-08-2004, 10:52 AM
PG and up, vanderhoof was a hot spot the other day and a buddy said he had to go through a game check out by terrace BC and another up around Mcenzie , I am sure here will be hit soon to as october rolls around but our moose dosnt open for general hunting until oct 20th mine will be long dead by then :lol:

Steeleco
09-08-2004, 10:58 AM
When the cards first came out I contacted the CFC and they said copies were legal. I then copied all of them many times. I have a set in my range bag, day pack, desk drawer, etc , you get the message. I'm never that far from the whole set, so I don't have to worry which stick I'm carrying that day.
The originals are intact and are in the gun locker.

bone-collector
09-08-2004, 11:02 AM
you can get duplicates from the cfc free of charge , I lost my card for the 12 guage defender on a river trip this summer, no biggy now I just leave a set in the 4x4 for all our firearms rather than my wallet, I also used a digital label maker to put what guns they were on the back of each card ...they dont give any info on caliber and I have a few of the same brand rifles so gets confusing looking at serial numbers and trying to match them to a card in front of an officer

swamper
09-08-2004, 11:03 AM
I usually hunt the lower part of 7-08 and very seldom see the cops or CO's out there. I have a draw starting Friday and will be leaving as soon as I can get off work. Saw some nice bulls out that way last week. No immatures though to take with the bow.

bone-collector
09-08-2004, 11:10 AM
my draw starts friday as well but I am in no hurry the rutt here kicks into overdrive around the first 2 weeks of october , and I am taking anphibious with me ...e needs time to heal up after his cammel kicked his butt :lol: , and the area we are going into is a given moose so no worries there :D

swamper
09-08-2004, 11:15 AM
Do you do any 3-D. If so we have probably met sometime in the last 2 or 3 years.
Chris H.

bone-collector
09-08-2004, 11:18 AM
if that was for me then no sorry I havent shot bow in a while , would like to get back into it one day but long range BR has become an adiction and my hunting has become worse than a coke habbit the wife says :lol: , now i have a planned hunt to Ontario for turkey and boar in the spring and maybe a little earth pig destruction while i am there for a week :twisted: , dont usually leave region 6 very often but may have to take a trip east for elk someday ....right after I get my grizz draw and the bear I have been after for 4 years now :lol:

swamper
09-08-2004, 11:23 AM
I am heading up to MacKenzie in mid October with Willyqbc to act as a backup on his griz hunt. Should be a good time. Was up scouting in May and saw a huge griz. Lots of moose up there too.

bone-collector
09-08-2004, 11:25 AM
hmm well you guys didnt here the news today i take it ..its snowing like a mother up there , dawson is suposed to get up to 3" now 8O

09-08-2004, 11:48 AM
Define "anal about it" Are we talking confiscation, verbal bullshit, or what? And who is doing the road checks.........cops, co's or both? Is amazing that the boys that did the sea to sea rally couldn't get arrested for unregistered firearms and now your saying they are hassling hunters. Well, that sure gives me something as an unregistered firearms owner to look forward to when l head up to Atlin later this month for my sheep/g-bear appointment! :twisted: I wonder what will happen when folks have had enough of this nonesense and all parties are armed 8O I know...... it sounds like an un-Canadian idea, to do anything except bend over and touch your toes and spread........but then again, thats the attitude that got us to where we are now, with gun registration isn't it?
Thanks for the warning Bonez, but l believe in the laws that preceed C-68 and the between the two l will take my chances in a court of law or whatever, but one thing for sure is...no one touches my guns or any other private property l own, with out permission :wink:

bone-collector
09-08-2004, 11:51 AM
its both Co's and rcmp and I didnt hear your comment about unregistered ..WHAT was it... your taking a big chance up here and anal as in confinscation if you dont have the registration card and cant prove its registered , 1 guy had quite the scuffel over just having a TAN # because it was a new rifle took a hour of his time to get the rcmp to let it go through, in all respects there doing there jobs, I have nothing to hide so search away :D

09-08-2004, 01:48 PM
Didn't know you had a hearing problem BC, you should seek medical attention for it! :lol:
I too, have no problem with the cops nor have l anything to hide BUT, if the feds were so sure the majority of Canadians wanted a gun registry, why didn't we have a national referandium on the it, and why is the non-compliance rate so high dispite what the feds are trying to push on us? Why was most of C-68 passed with orders in council and not even allowed to be debated in the house of commons. You know the place l'm talking about, where Canadian demorcracy is suppose to originate. By their own fancy math, the numbers don't add up and there are alot more firearms unregistered then the gov't admitts.
Instead we have cops checking hunters ( who aren't the problem anyway) in the middle of no where, and its only because of people like yourself who are spreading the word about the going ons that others are informed about it. Something stinks !!!
For some to say registration is the law of the land and must be obeyed is a public addmittance that we no longer live in a free country. The method used to bring this law into effect is the same as methods used by a dictatorship, and l for one feel it is my duty as a Canadian to support the principles our country was founded on, not what some tinpot dictator back east says. We have forefathers who gave the ultimate sacrifice to prevent these kinds of infringements on our freedoms, and to give us the quality of life we enjoy here in Canada.
You enquired on another board about where to find the website for duplicating your cards............one place it was posted was here on this forum awhile back. I originally found it over on the Lufa forums, but l got the distinct impression it wasn't being used for "duplicating" existing cards, but then l could be wrong. 8)
If we don't stand up to fight this legislation, you can be sure we will as a group suffer in the long run. Its strange to hear you say confiscation is taking place while federal cabinet meetings are happening down here in Kelowna and statements are being made by officials that gun owners found with non- registered firearms are being given the opportunity to register them, not to have them taken away. :evil:
BTW, lots of folks l know have certs for their firearms, it just to bad the registry is so full of errors they have a hard time verifying it. :twisted: Then again, what kind of a data base do you expect for only a couple of billion taxpayers dollars?

bone-collector
09-08-2004, 01:52 PM
well I am not a polatic talker you will have to get it going with Foxer, I started this to help fellow HBC'ers out and remind them NOT to forget there registration cards , it is the law wether we like it or not and to try and defy it on the highway 1000 miles from home will surly put a damper on a good trip :wink:

and yes I did ask for the registry copy file as my puter crashed and i lost all my files and forms , I like to play by the rules to ensure a good trip :D

jackychiles
09-11-2004, 06:37 PM
I was under the empression that the province of B.C. , Alberta and maybe a few others were not going to enforce the Federal firearms registation laws ?? Was there a change of heart ?

Jacky

bone-collector
09-11-2004, 06:57 PM
must be bud cause they are , at least all the reports I have heard :x

Freshtracks
09-12-2004, 05:48 PM
Hmmm interesting BC....I was telling everyone on hunt/shoot that I got checked by the CO on the 6th coming out of the bush with my son who was hunting deer under the junior hunt. He was very pleasant, tried catching me on a few questions though (how many grouse did you get?...Right! reply: they open next week :lol: )

Anyhow he checked licenses, asked if guns were stored away and unloaded and that was it. Didn't ask about cards.... althought he was heading to a road check some 1000 yds. down the road and the RCMP were already there.

All I can say is after 30 years of hunting and being checked 3x, two of those in the last year. Good on them for trying to do there job.

Tank
09-12-2004, 09:09 PM
i thought that only the rcmp could check for registration on guns....i might be wrong but as far as i know the co's stick strictly to wildlife and licence issuses.

bone-collector
09-12-2004, 09:26 PM
yes it has been the rcmp checking reg cards , they just travel with the COs to most checks here

grizz
09-13-2004, 08:42 AM
Hello Bones
I will be in your area from Oct.13 thru 27.Don't forget to wear your HBC hat in case we cross paths somewhere.And thank's for the heads up on carrying the registration.
Grizz

swamper
09-13-2004, 09:46 AM
I was stopped on Saturday by a CO out close to the Fraser in 7-08. Very nice guy. Checked our lisences and did check out guns to see if they were loaded but nothing beyond that. I asked him about CO's checking registrations and he told me flat out that they are not checking for regs at all. He said even most of the RCMP are not checking.
On a more pleasant note, I missed my big bull Saturday morning but managed to connect on a nice 30" bull Saturday evening.
Chris H.

3kills
09-13-2004, 12:19 PM
congrats on the moose chris...

bone-collector
09-13-2004, 08:39 PM
grizz what part of this area will you be in, maybe we can get together for a coffee