PDA

View Full Version : Dog vests

Greenhead
11-29-2006, 09:12 AM
Hi guy's do any of you use a vest on your retreiver? With this weather I was thinking it be worth the money? Has anyone had any issues with the dog getting hung up? Where did you order from? How did your pooch take to it? And so on.....
Thanks in advance.
GH

Elkhound
11-29-2006, 10:36 AM
I ordered one for my pal's GSP through Wholesale sports a few years ago. They have some nice vests.

Ian F.
11-29-2006, 01:59 PM
When I still had my pooch back in NB she wore one from mid season on and in some pretty nasty temps/conditions hunting fundy late season/february for eiders. Never had any issue involving the vest, hung up or anything like that.

Cabelas offers a great selection that you can size for you dog. The dog will take a bit to get used to it, so put it on around the house and if you have a male, you may need to trim for his tallywacker so it doesn't rub.

craigchaplin
11-29-2006, 07:01 PM
I bought mine from cabelas......fits pretty good......dog hates it. Workin on the last part though. Trimmed it out a little more thought maybe was chaffing or somethin. And was told not to put it on im before i get to the blind as it can overheat him and maybe the excitement of bein out there will overcome the hatred he has for the thing. But i think wether he likes it or not he's gonna wear it in this weather fer sure......plus i like the idea that it protects his belly and vitals from the unseen elements. Don't know what color yer dog(s) are but was also told that the vest helps camo them as my lab is quite a light yellow. Good luck!

LOC
11-30-2006, 07:22 AM
I just got one from Cabella's for my GSP pup. It doesn't seem to bother him, and it seems to keep him warmer (or at least drier).

Greenhead
11-30-2006, 12:17 PM
Thanks guy's, I'm going to order one from cabelas today!
GH

LOC
12-19-2006, 01:04 PM
http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/medium/showitem.jpg

My guy in his vest and boots. It's a bit long for him now so I jsut roll it, hopefully he'll grow into it a bit better :)

Beverly
12-19-2006, 10:31 PM
Hehehe too cute!