PDA

View Full Version : Quiver choices

Greenhead
11-28-2006, 06:56 PM
Hi Gang, after hunting for years with a recurve and hip quiver it was easier to just continue with the hip quiver when I graduated to the compound. But after being busted twice by bush banging off my arrows I think it may be time to mount a quiver on my bow.
Sooooo.... start throwing names of quivers, and why you would recomend them to help me make a choice. I shoot a Mathews and have looked at thier matching quivers but the prices are crazy. I didn't mind paying alot for the bow but isn't the quiver just going to hold arrows????
Thanks in advance.

pupper
11-28-2006, 07:18 PM
I use the diamond quick release system, its pretty nifty because I can take it off my bow and attach it to my hip as well using the hip holster.

fuse archery also makes a cool 2 piece quiver I would try next time.

Greenhead
11-28-2006, 07:21 PM
I should mention that I would like it to be removeable.
GH

Nails
11-29-2006, 02:06 AM
Most brands you can't go wrong with, it is one piece of equipment that does not need to cost a arm and leg. GH don't get fooled, like you said all it is doing is holding your arrows. Good choice staying with one piece. I have a Mathews bow also and have a inexpensive one piece quiver on it. It works great!!!!!

stickbow
11-29-2006, 02:15 AM
The catback quiver works well.I've enjoyed mine for the past couple of years,no complaints.

rocksteady
11-29-2006, 05:52 AM
I used to have a Quickie Quiver on my Hoyt and the little plastic tongue that would slide into the metal receiver broke. Could not find replacement parts, so bought a whole new quiver. When I use my crossbow, I just pack it on my hip. With the shorter arrows (bolts) it just seems to feel better there and doesn't hang up on anything..

huntwriter
11-29-2006, 06:01 AM
Quikee Quiver. Good quality, available everywhere, detachable, comes with a variety of mounting brackets to mount onto the treestand or the tree and onto other bows. And finally they are cheap. Can't get any better than that!

Sideofabarn
11-29-2006, 11:56 AM
I have both the quikee quiver and the Bohning. Someone on this board mentioned to me that I might want to consider a quiver that holds extra arrows. I heeded this advice. Both of mine are easily detachable. I would recommend either of them. Also, both are reasonably priced.

jessbennett
11-29-2006, 08:15 PM
take a look at the alpine soft loks. totally silent and hold the arrows really well. in my humble opinion they are the best hunting bow quivers around.reasonably priced as well8)

willyqbc
11-29-2006, 08:22 PM
While they were still in business Champion made a great 6 arrow quiver. It had the capability to be tilted front or back. Instead of having the arrows parallel to the string you could angle the fletch end back towards you. Really great quiver if you can find one. Unfortunately mine won't fit on my current bow so I am using the fixed 2 peice hoyt quiver...no complaints so far.

Chris

Cdn-Redneck
12-03-2006, 08:44 AM
I am happy with my Alpine Soft-loc. My only complaint would be that the fletches touch each other in it, not a big deal though. it comes of easy and on easy. You can also buy a hip mount for it should you want to do that as well.

Ron.C
12-03-2006, 07:39 PM
I agree with above. The Alpine Soft-Loc's are great quivers. My hunting partner and I both use the 5 arrow modles. They detach quick, and quiet without the use of any fasteners. They use 2 sets of arrow grippers so your arrows do not move a bit. They come in several camo patterns and the price is pretty reasonable. The best feature is the depth of the hood. There is ample room for a good size peice of foam while still keeping your entire broadhead fully covered.