PDA

View Full Version : Camo limbs? Yes or No?

Elkhound
11-27-2006, 06:05 PM
Okay guys. Opinions please. For a hunting bow. Does it make that much of a difference to have camo limbs or not? Some guys tell me no, others say yes. The guys that say yes say they have been busted by animals because their limbs did not blend in.

Please educate me.

Poguebilt
11-27-2006, 06:53 PM
I think If you get fully camo'd out then for sure get the limbs camo... if you don't do the complete package and its cheeper to go non camo... maybe its more $ towards pratice arrows 8-)

Bow Walker
11-27-2006, 07:19 PM
Check with Elite Archery...they are putting out hunting bows with black limbs and camp risers.

Personally I don't see a problem hunting with black limbs and a camo riser. Or even a totally black bow for that matter. So long as the bow is not reflective. That would be a big mistake.

Dan.

J_T
11-27-2006, 07:34 PM
Depends what you use to camo up. If you use a soft material (fleece) then you are going to make your limbs quieter in the event you bump a branch or bounce your arrow off the limb.

I always have my limbs with fleece camo sleeves on them. Year round.

JT

5/10/85
11-27-2006, 07:41 PM
J T - that's a great idea - did you notice any change in your shooting due to weight - especially if they get wet?

30-06
11-27-2006, 07:57 PM
iv learned that the animals are color blind so it dont matter to them but we do it because we like it..thats what iv been told anyways

craigchaplin
11-27-2006, 09:09 PM
I don't bow hunt.....but even if they are color blind i would imagine they would still see silhouettes.....just my two cents. Although i would think the limbs being camo or not wouldn't make a diff.
ps....you are talkin about the limbs on a bow right???

bsa30-06
11-27-2006, 09:58 PM
I don't think camo limbs are a must , but i'll take all the help i can get.

J_T
11-28-2006, 08:16 AM
J T - that's a great idea - did you notice any change in your shooting due to weight - especially if they get wet? I always shoot my bow as though it is ready to hunt. (broadheads in the quiver, limb covers on) So it is always consistent. No change.

I know that crawling through bush, a soft limb cover makes a difference.

JT