PDA

View Full Version : Snow, Wind...DUCKS!!!!

Duck Slayer
11-26-2006, 11:21 PM
Hey everybody. My first post here. Headed out today with Deer Whacker for some ducks in the Fraser Valley. We tried out our new robo-ducks today with more decoys and had a pretty good day. Was the windiest I have ever been hunting in. Heres a couple pics as the snow blizzard came through and happy hunting.
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j187/all_thrilzz/IMGP0423.jpg?t=1164608328

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j187/all_thrilzz/IMGP0428.jpg?t=1164608384

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j187/all_thrilzz/IMGP0431.jpg?t=1164608443

Deerwhacker
11-26-2006, 11:25 PM
Notice the robo duck without the wings.way too windy for robo ducks ,the wings kept flyin off. anyway twas a good day (woulda been better if we could hit something).

The Dawg
11-27-2006, 01:16 AM
You are braver than I am....nice haul.....I would love to go out and shoot something, but the roads are horrid around here...well, not so much the roads but the drivers....

I have always wanted to go for ducks and geese, but never have...where would be a good spot for around here?...I dont have a boat, so hopefully something where I could stay dry....er.....

bogman
11-27-2006, 08:04 AM
...I dont have a boat, so hopefully something where I could stay dry....er.....

Shooting ducks and staying dry:lol: ...........I wonder what that would be like8-)

Marc
11-27-2006, 08:27 AM
It's not duck hunting unless you get water in your wadders. Reminds me of duck and goose hunting on the mud flats back east.

craigchaplin
11-27-2006, 12:23 PM
Nice haul boys!
I definately shoulda gone out yesterday.
Hey NoahDawg.......check out the punts at the marina on river road in delta.....i bought one a couple years ago paid...i think 8 or 9 hundred bucks. They come olive drab already then i added my own touches. Works real well, also a great flyfishing boat if yer into that. Only thing about a punt is they don't do so great when the weather stirs up the water, with the flat bottom and all. But fer the money its a good deal even if it last yah 5 years er so. The metal on em isn't so thick either so i rubber coated both sides of the bottom. Christmas is comin yah know....hehe

The Dawg
11-27-2006, 12:39 PM
Thanks Craigchaplin...I will do that...I have waders for fishing and a belly boat...would that work?......I already know what the wife is getting me, so I think that I will be picking up this one on my own..lol.....

craigchaplin
11-27-2006, 08:51 PM
NoahDawg......yeah those waders will work fine with a pair of boots. I used my fishin waders fer years.....finally bought some heavyduty ones just this season. Went to toronto to visit some freinds and went to the bass pro shop there.....its like a hunting fishing camping anything outdoors store the size of costco. Was an expensive trip, when i left the store my visa was SMOKIN. hehe my wifey was pissed.

The Dawg
11-27-2006, 10:12 PM
Perfect, I will give the waders a try...now where is a good area around here ?....(without giving up your hotspots)

I am lucky with my wife, she would only complain if I bought hunting/fishing toys and didnt include her in the trip to use them 8)