PDA

View Full Version : Mid-hunt update

willyqbc
09-03-2004, 10:54 PM
Well, Swamper and myself are in the midst of a 6 day early season bowhunt and ended up in town so I thought I'd throw up an update for Y'all. We started out Sept. 1 looking for moose and deer. First day out we saw two Huge bulls, but immatures are all that is legal, Oh well. we saw plenty of deer and about noon opening day I connected on a nice freezer buck. day 2 was pretty slow all around with only a few deer sigthings and one small bear. Day three was going along rather slowly with few animals sighted, until about 5:30 when swamper connected on a tasty young buck of his own!. Were just in town hanging deer and are on our way back out to look for bullwinkle for the rest of our trip. Will post some pics when we get back!

Chris & Chris

Foxer
09-04-2004, 12:32 AM
Kewl - keep the stories coming!!

3kills
09-04-2004, 03:13 AM
congrats chris...hope u guys connect on a nice lil bull too...cant wait to see some pics....where about are guys hunting???

Marc
09-04-2004, 08:43 AM
Congrats on the deer to the two of you. It sounds like you guys are having a blast out there. It always helps when you get to see some animals even if they aren't legal. Have fun and good luck on the rest of the trip. Send me the pictures when you get them done and I'll post em up for you.

Marc.

bone-collector
09-04-2004, 09:39 AM
good show Chris , I know another HBCer who has tagged out as well with a bow, his wife as well, hopefully he will come on and show some pics , there nice bucks .

Rufus
09-04-2004, 10:20 AM
Congrats on the bucks, hope you guys have as much fun getting bullwinkle. 8)

3kills
09-04-2004, 07:16 PM
hey rob wich HBCer tagged out???

bone-collector
09-04-2004, 07:48 PM
I cant tell you that or he may hurt me :? :lol:

3kills
09-05-2004, 04:09 AM
oh okay i see its not secret is it....

bone-collector
09-05-2004, 07:48 AM
I am sure when he gets time he will tell his story :D

3kills
09-05-2004, 08:23 AM
well i hope so...need more stories to get us more pysched up...

swamper
09-07-2004, 09:19 AM
We didn't get our moose, but saw some nice bulls. No immatures. One bull had to be at least a 45 incher. Of course after we had tagged out on the freezer bucks, we saw a beauty that would have gone at least 160. Will be heading back out to the same place this weekend. My draw for big bulls starts on Friday and goes til Nov 5th. Taking my son out for the weekend. Willy and his Dad will be joining us along with a couple of friends from the Lower Mainland. Maybe this weekend I will even be able to connect on a bear. We saw 16 or 17 out there. A couple of really nice ones.
Chris H.

Steeleco
09-07-2004, 11:46 AM
Hey Swamper, I live in the lower mainland (unfortunately!!) can I be your friend too :?: :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fred
09-14-2004, 03:15 PM
I just got back from the Chetwynd to Dawson Ck. area with 2 Buffalo and a young Moose taken by a friend of mine. I was just a companion and truck driver! :( The Buff were from a farm on Stewart Lake Road and the 2 point Moose was from nearby. My buddie also saw and missed with a bow, his first Whitetail buck ever. :lol: My turn will come(I hope) in the Princeton area next month. Fred