PDA

View Full Version : GOOD GRIEF...he just keeps amazing me!!!

willyqbc
11-23-2006, 09:43 PM
Now i know I brag up the shooters in my family...especially my little guy but BY GUM! he has floored me again. As the JOP (Junior Olympian Program) has been underway for a while and he was struggling a bit compared to what is normal for him I decided to take a real good look at what was going on...I found he was getting two arrows right nicely in the center and one high right every end...well I marked his arrow and you guessed it same arrow every time!!! DOH...way to go dad...talk about missing the obvious. Anyway, long story short i replaced the funky arrow and we headed out to the indoor range to shoot a make up round for a week-end he missed.....HE SHOT A 260!!!! He was shooting a Vegas triangular 3 spot!!!!! This also gave him the score he required to bump him up to the "olympian" level in the program. While not a snactioned event so it will not count it is 21 points over the current 9 and under JOP record!! All this still 3 1/2 months shy of his 7th birthday!!! MAN being a parent can be a RUSH!!!

Chris

JohnS
11-23-2006, 09:54 PM
MAN being a parent can be a RUSH!!!

Chris

It sure is a rush .. I got 3 son's and they amaze me all the time...! 8-)

Marc
11-23-2006, 09:58 PM
He should be ready to take care of any strange cats that may entre your house in the middle of the night now :D Tell him I said way to go! He'll be soon outshooting his dad. We may have a new Chuck Adams on our hands yet :D

Marc.

DropTines
11-23-2006, 10:05 PM
Kepp him shooting, that record will be his in no time at all
________
VAPORIZER REVIEWS (http://vaporizer.org/)

QnsCowboy
11-23-2006, 10:41 PM
Gotta love that Chris, must be good genes eh, starting from your dad of course....:)

Craig

oldtimer
11-24-2006, 03:17 PM
Craig you hit the nail on the head !!! Thank-you
You think his dad is proud !! nothing compared to his poppa !! Mike

Rainwater
11-24-2006, 04:00 PM
Chris, I know exactly how you feel, those little buggers got good eyes, my littlest boy, (now 21) used to shoot quail with his recurve. Now that's good shooting. Enjoy these times as I am sure you will. I'm jealous.

willyqbc
11-24-2006, 04:54 PM
used to shoot quail with his recurve

DAMN!!! now thats impressive!!

Chris

bsa30-06
11-24-2006, 05:25 PM
Now i know I brag up the shooters in my family...especially my little guy but BY GUM! he has floored me again. As the JOP (Junior Olympian Program) has been underway for a while and he was struggling a bit compared to what is normal for him I decided to take a real good look at what was going on...I found he was getting two arrows right nicely in the center and one high right every end...well I marked his arrow and you guessed it same arrow every time!!! DOH...way to go dad...talk about missing the obvious. Anyway, long story short i replaced the funky arrow and we headed out to the indoor range to shoot a make up round for a week-end he missed.....HE SHOT A 260!!!! He was shooting a Vegas triangular 3 spot!!!!! This also gave him the score he required to bump him up to the "olympian" level in the program. While not a snactioned event so it will not count it is 21 points over the current 9 and under JOP record!! All this still 3 1/2 months shy of his 7th birthday!!! MAN being a parent can be a RUSH!!!

Chris

Spoken like a PROUD dad, and rightfully so.Enjoy these times, and congrats to the youngster.

Bow Walker
11-24-2006, 05:29 PM
Way to go for the now and in the future!! Awesome shooting for a 6'er going on a 7'er. Now that's gotta be exciting for the future.

What's Santa got planned for him? Go ahead, we won't tell anybody8-)

Bigbear
11-24-2006, 08:16 PM
Good going Dad. And Micheal
Kelly

jessbennett
11-24-2006, 10:28 PM
hey whos that big ol bear???? hehehe:wink:

willyqbc
11-24-2006, 10:43 PM
What's Santa got planned for him? Go ahead, we won't tell anybody:cool:

Well seeing as he allready has two bows...one for 3D and one for indoor Target, ands seeing that he is hammeringthe 400 and 500 metre gongs at the rod and gun with my .223 Santa decided that a step up from his .22 was in order. Santa will be bringing him a Remington Model 7 Youth in .260. Santa has allready delivered some 95 grain v-max and some H4895 so I can work up some reduced loads and have it ready for X-mas morning....he's gonna crap his pants when he opens that puppy up!!!

Thanks for the kind words guys!
Chris

bsa30-06
11-24-2006, 10:56 PM
Well seeing as he allready has two bows...one for 3D and one for indoor Target, ands seeing that he is hammeringthe 400 and 500 metre gongs at the rod and gun with my .223 Santa decided that a step up from his .22 was in order. Santa will be bringing him a Remington Model 7 Youth in .260. Santa has allready delivered some 95 grain v-max and some H4895 so I can work up some reduced loads and have it ready for X-mas morning....he's gonna crap his pants when he opens that puppy up!!!

Chris

make sure you got the video camera rolling when he opens that one up, what a grin he will have on his face.

QnsCowboy
11-25-2006, 12:06 AM

Chris

Oh man, I hope my son doesn't see this post....:)

Craig

Bow Walker
11-25-2006, 07:41 AM
Santa has allready delivered some 95 grain v-max and some H4895 so I can work up some reduced loads and have it ready for X-mas morning....he's gonna crap his pants when he opens that puppy up!!!

Chris
Now that just makes me chuckle and chuckle, while sitting here reading this........I can just imagine his face:eek: :biggrin:

Bow Walker
11-26-2006, 06:56 PM
Chris - have you got any photos of the little phenom?? I, for one, would like to partake in his success if only vicariously.

willyqbc
11-26-2006, 08:08 PM
This was his first cover!!LOL!! He doesn't shoot with the patch anymore...he finally figured out how to close one eye at a time!!:redface:
http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/medium/91Michael_BCAA.jpg

and here he is at the range

http://video.google.ca/videoplay?docid=1859919554724608278

http://video.google.ca/videoplay?docid=-8503753979857061236

Chris

Bow Walker
11-27-2006, 11:42 AM
Thanks Chris! I had forgotten about the cover of BC Archer. I emember those videos to. Congrats to Micheal. Both young and old.

Steeleco
11-27-2006, 12:18 PM
Robin hood watch out, :lol::lol: Congrats Chris, teaching the little ones makes all the "old hat" new again!!!