PDA

View Full Version : Plug for John Reimer at Island Outfitters

The Hermit
11-22-2006, 08:50 PM
I went in to see John today and he was VERY generous with his time and knowledge. I got the short course ("Bows and Arrows 101") lol but it was information overload. Great guy and very helpful.

When he sells a new bow package he sets everything up customizing to fit you personally and teaches you the basics of shooting. They have a target area so it is all live tuning! I will probably buy from him when the time comes!

JohnS
11-22-2006, 08:54 PM
Excellent!!! Hope it works out for you..8-)

Bow Walker
11-22-2006, 09:01 PM
John is definitely going to build the archery sales at Island Outfitters. He knows his stuff, by gum!

Great addition to the staff. Not to take anything away from Steve but John is the man.

COHO
11-22-2006, 09:20 PM
Lots of great help from the staff at Island Outfitters. They helped with the set up of my new bow. Thay when out of there way infact!

atri
11-23-2006, 12:42 PM
Another satified customer here.

John helped me set up my bow with a whisker biscuit rest for the GT arrows I got from BowWalker last year. He also gave me some very useful instruction on form and technique. My shooting is already showing improvement!

John's experience and friendly service will certainly compliment the great service that I've gotten from Steve and Al.

Bowhisperer
11-25-2006, 03:31 PM
I went in to see John today and he was VERY generous with his time and knowledge. I got the short course ("Bows and Arrows 101") lol but it was information overload. Great guy and very helpful.

When he sells a new bow package he sets everything up customizing to fit you personally and teaches you the basics of shooting. They have a target area so it is all live tuning! I will probably buy from him when the time comes!
who is this GUY, never heard of him or seen at any shoots { steve },does he shoot a bow??
If he's selling bows he should know something about them and arrows and any good shop { Bucky's, Tyee marine and others } should " custom " fit and help you tune the bow to you, unless you go to Walmart or the likes.
Maybe we will see him at the shoots 2007!!!!!:evil:

Bow Walker
11-25-2006, 04:23 PM
who is this GUY, never heard of him or seen at any shoots { steve },does he shoot a bow??
If he's selling bows he should know something about them and arrows and any good shop { Bucky's, Tyee marine and others } should " custom " fit and help you tune the bow to you, unless you go to Walmart or the likes.
Maybe we will see him at the shoots 2007!!!!!:evil:
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_1_11.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZSYYYYYYJOCA)John is a newby to the Island and also to Victoria. He was the guru at Corlane Sports in the Central/Northern Interior. Not sure exactly where Corlane Sports is.

He will custom fit a bow to the buyer as good as or better than most. He also and more importantly, won't over sell you...........as a lot will try to do.

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_11_1.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZSYYYYYYJOCA)

Bowhisperer
11-25-2006, 05:54 PM
Dawson Creek, bin there,not to big a place,not many archers.
Glad to see he move to where the weather is nicer, lower B.C.

The Hermit
11-25-2006, 06:55 PM
John has only been in Victoria for a month or so. I undersatnd that he is a sponsored professiona archer... you may not want to see him at your competition shoots! LOL

Bow Walker
11-25-2006, 07:16 PM
If anyone is in there in the next couple of days - invite him to the Malahat shoot on Dec. 3 and also invite him to the Nanaimo Turkey Shoot on Dec. 10.

I'll mention it to him as well. Maybe we can "shame" (?) him into showing up? See what he's made of.........

Franko Manini
11-25-2006, 09:03 PM

Looks like you're really hooked on this bow hunting idea Hermit! I thought you hated sitting!

The Hermit
11-25-2006, 11:44 PM
I do hate sitting for more than an hour or so. I'll sit for a while then still hunt, then sit...

Franko, what are the specs on your bow? From what I've been hearing a person doesn't need more than a 50 - 60# bow to kill anything in North America! I know you are thinking about buying a new bow too and if you do maybe we can get a bit of a deal on buying them at the same time. I'm thinking of it as a Christmas or New Year's present to myself.

However the war department must not know! She is talking about a new kitchen! AGGGGGHHHH!!!! There goes my truck!

Bow Walker
11-26-2006, 04:14 PM
That's why we call her "She-Who-Must-Be-Obeyed".........or at least appeased.

Seriously though, take a look at the '06 Diamond Libertys or the Justice from Bowhunter's Super Store.
http://www.bowhunterssuperstore.com/index.php?cPath=28_160

For a smooth draw - stay with the Liberty or the Justice as they both have the large idler wheels. For a slightly harder draw but a bit faster speed, you may want to consider the Victory or the Triumph.

These bows are made by Bowtech and are a first rate quality bow. Not to mention that they are a good buy as well.

Good luck,
Dan.

Franko Manini
11-27-2006, 11:33 AM
I do hate sitting for more than an hour or so. I'll sit for a while then still hunt, then sit...

Franko, what are the specs on your bow? From what I've been hearing a person doesn't need more than a 50 - 60# bow to kill anything in North America! I know you are thinking about buying a new bow too and if you do maybe we can get a bit of a deal on buying them at the same time. I'm thinking of it as a Christmas or New Year's present to myself.

However the war department must not know! She is talking about a new kitchen! AGGGGGHHHH!!!! There goes my truck!

My bow is 40# max, and it's pretty old and tired. I buil;t it from a kit about 20 years ago. I've shot the living crap outta that bow and while it's a good shooter, it's pretty slow.

Hey, maybe I can have your old kitchen!

I would be very interested in looking at a new bow, but I'm in the same boat as you... not so much the with the kitchen, but more with the war department!

It would be great to get out and shoot again though! I'd be glad to investigate a "bulk purchase" with you.

The Hermit
11-28-2006, 01:16 AM
My bow is 40# max, and it's pretty old and tired. I buil;t it from a kit about 20 years ago. I've shot the living crap outta that bow and while it's a good shooter, it's pretty slow.

Hey, maybe I can have your old kitchen!

I would be very interested in looking at a new bow, but I'm in the same boat as you... not so much the with the kitchen, but more with the war department!

It would be great to get out and shoot again though! I'd be glad to investigate a "bulk purchase" with you.

You can keep your new bow at my place if I can keep my new truck at yours!! ;-)

Nails
11-29-2006, 02:52 AM
It is good to see island outfitters is bringing on more archery staff.

Bow Walker
12-02-2006, 02:02 PM
Was in to Island Outfitters this morning (Sat. 02) to renew my Vic Bowmen membership and got talking to John.

I overheard him talking to a customer that came in and said "I'm looking for a bow that is all set up ready to go."

John could've talked him into just about anything! Instead, he asked some pertinent questions, got a sense of the guy's budget and experience, and then started showing the lesser priced bow(s).

Good on ya John!

The 'Hummer'
12-02-2006, 05:13 PM
In the Duncan area, in addition to Richard Kenneth at Bucky's Sports shop, there is also Bill Sampson at Westcoast Archery in Cobble Hill.

Bow Walker
12-02-2006, 07:03 PM
You have to look far and wide for a bow-tech as good as Bill. He also builds the best strings/cables on the Island.

Ron.C
12-03-2006, 07:53 PM
I spent over an hour with John at Island outfitters on Saturday Afternoon. Even after I told him I was not going to make a purchase until the new year, and that that purchase may not be from Island Outfitters, he still took the time that afternoon to set up a Bowtech Allegiance at my draw length and requested draw weight with a rest, loop, and arrow combination that is similar to my current setup. We took the bow out back and I had the chance to shoot it several times. He also informed me that he is going to be making a solid effort to increase the variety of onhand stock of bows so more people can get actual hands on and shoot the bow they are interested in, and make a more educated decision on which bow to buy, and not simply having to rely on what they have heard, or read.
On another note, while John was setting up the bow I was to shoot, he pretty much talked a guy out of buying a bow for a relative! He told the customer that it is in his best interest to bring the relative in and that way he can ensure he is purchasing a bow that will actually fit.
I can see Island Outfitters archery buisness increasing by leaps and bounds with this type of expertise and customer service..

puppychow
12-05-2006, 07:56 PM
Looking forward to talking with John. He sounds like a great guy. Hope he comes to 3-D shoots as I could learn a lot by shooting with him. Looking forward to the spring shoots as I am not able to shoot at this time..