PDA

View Full Version : Wednesday's report

dave
11-22-2006, 07:08 PM
I decided last night, to take the day off and hit the Pitt. It was short notice so I headed out on my own (maybe following Dano's lead). It was blowing and raining a little so the conditions were just about perfect. I only heard one other group of hunters in the marsh and they left pretty early.

I explored the middle of the marsh a little and found a nice spot off one of the channels, that was shallow enough and offered some shelter from the wind. OK, it just looked ducky to me. I set out a dozen of the cork decoys I painted up last winter and the Robo and settled the boat and dog into the weeds.

I picked my shots and ended the morning with 4 greenheads in the boat. I had lots decoy right in and a few bunches actually landed in the decoys (paint must be OK I guess). Diesel made a couple of great retrieves, he really is settling into his second year at it. I only stepped into one hole and just ended up with about a table spoon of water in my waders (not bad for me).

On the way out there was a federal wildlife officer waiting at the pull out, he checked my papers and shells and even offered to help load my boat into the truck (nice guy :)). I let him know it was good to see him out there. He said it was funny he had seen the provincial CO in the parking area earlier. Like Dano said, it is good to see them out and about.

All in all it was a pretty good morning.

craigchaplin
11-22-2006, 07:43 PM
Wow.....seems the co's keep an eye on the pitt area. Haven't seen one in years...much less duck season. Good to see their out though, wonder if the one's in ladner are late risers or somethin. Wish i coulda taken off today too. Was perfect duck weather. Dreamt about it all day lookin out the window at work.....oh well makes me appreciate it more on the weekends i guess.