PDA

View Full Version : info please

tailgate77
11-19-2006, 05:41 PM
Since I just got a bow, I need some help with somethings. I want to know is there a huge difference between carbon and aluminum arrows as far as price, durability, and performance? Do aluminum arrows bend really easily if they strike something hard? I also want to know if all releases are basically the same or if there is some that I should avoid. I am heading into Peters next week and I am not sure what they carry, same as gone fishing, I might not have to many choices. Info for a green guy would be terrific.

jessbennett
11-19-2006, 06:57 PM
one. carbon arrows are alot more durable. prie isnt really a factor either. an usually get a dozen carbons between 75 and 100 bucks. you may pay a little more, but they last twice as long. carbons are smaller in diameter which in turn ould lead to better penetration in hunting situations. carbons are lighter which means better p[erformance from your bow. a quiker bow is a flatter shooting bow.hope this helps. matter of preference really. good luck on your quest...

mikek blacktail
11-19-2006, 07:25 PM
if yah need any pointers or help I'll be glad to help ,I used to use aluminum becuase they supposiddly shoot better and wiegh more so get better penatration,but I switched to carbon because there way more durable I shoot A 60# bow with carbon goldtip or carbon express are what I use peters main brand is pse carbon my friend shoots them with no problems.I,ve killed moose deer,bear .and elk with carbons and they work great. pm me if you have any questions

Bow Walker
11-19-2006, 08:29 PM
Carbons are the way to go - period. Durability, straightness, close tolerances, and, you don't have to worry about bending them. They are either good to use....or they are broken. there is no in between. Just remember to "flex test" them before use.

As for a release....just try a few and choose the one that fits you best ant that you like.

timberhunter
11-19-2006, 09:20 PM
Rick at peters sport shop will be able to answere all your questions and more. He knows a lot about archery, shoots traditional equipment, and is a hell of a nice guy. Since you are in his area drop in to see him, I quite often refer new people to our club to him for equipment. Between rick at peters, and richard at bucky's sport shop, they are by far the most informed and helpfull retailers on the island.

Marc S.

QnsCowboy
11-19-2006, 10:30 PM
I highly recommend Rick as well at Peters. For my two cents, I agree with everyone else, get on carbons, you won't go wrong...As for releases, I shoot one of the cheapest releases out there, and works well....Something that you find feels good on your wrist, and gets into position quickly and comfortable is what you are looking for.

Craig