PDA

View Full Version : So who else can't sleep?

Kirby
08-25-2004, 03:34 PM
After missing the last two hunting seasons I am officailly a insomniac, I can't sleep, I keep waking up with dreams of game, and so far I have managed to clean all my hunting rifles several times, got the gear out, aired it out, and keep re-scenting, and packing it, I can hardly wait, I only got 6 more days till bow season is open, can't wait. Am I alone in this?

Kirby

swamper
08-25-2004, 03:41 PM
Welcome to the incomniac club. All I can think about is getting out for the first 6 days of bow season. This darn work is really a pain in the butt. I need to win the Super 7, or a part of it this weekend so that I can retire and pursue my other passion.

ape
08-25-2004, 03:42 PM
Nope. I have been thinking and dreaming since sometime in June. It sure makes for one tired puppy some days.

270WIN
08-25-2004, 04:02 PM
Glad to see i am not the only on 9 more day till i go

tracker
08-25-2004, 06:25 PM
Kirby have you ever hunted the sugar loaf ranch there, I hear its a good spot to get permision. :D

3kills
08-25-2004, 06:48 PM
where is sugar loaf ranch??? i know there is a sugar loaf mountain right out sight of merritt...

Rufus
08-25-2004, 08:30 PM
Six more days then i'm out for black bear. Where i'm working in the high country, i've seen a couple of real nice size mulie bucks, hopfully they will be around come opening day. 8)

BCHunter
08-25-2004, 09:10 PM
oh I can't wait to look around for mr buck

Kirby
08-25-2004, 09:30 PM
Ya, I have hunted sugar loaf, however its harder to get permision now, they are several ranches in the area(sugar, Jacko, little bear, Delue, Frolek, and douglas lake come to mind quickly), and generally unless you work for them, or know someone who does its pretty hard to get, one of the best is the Frolek Ranch, lots of ranch, and well spread out and still easy to get permision. I spend alot of time in that area, but prefer to the south end, where it becomes Crown land, near Lac Le Jeun. Lots of old roads from logging, and if you know the area you can hunt whitetails, mulies, and moose really easy in the same place.

Kirby

3kills
08-26-2004, 12:29 PM
u gotta try to get permission on stump lake ranch there some nice bucks around there there was one we sen last year when we were headin out to an area just past there and he was easily over 30 inches....but he likes to hang out in the no huntin area he knows he is safe around there...

tracker
08-26-2004, 05:57 PM
ok thanks fella's.

Kirby
08-26-2004, 10:26 PM
If your coming up here for a trip let me know, I can get you directions to some of the ranchers that are more open to hunters, and 3kills is right, stump is a great area to hunt, every year several really large deer come off their range.

Kirby

3kills
08-27-2004, 03:02 AM
and there is some area thas in behind it that is not private property and thats some good hunting in there as well...lots of nice size moose if some one could score a draw in that area....

Steeleco
08-27-2004, 04:09 PM
Bear hunting crack of dawn wednesday morning. Just had a little dose of pre-season looking, spent a day on Texada island with the family, Deer everywhere not big mind you but sure sharpened the eye's ability to spot game.

palmer
08-28-2004, 09:27 PM
Well boys I spent the whole day scouting the hills east of grand forks, it felt great to be out and about. I was hoping to spot a nice Mulie for the opening of Bow season....three days away.
But as you can guess I spotted everything but a nice mulie buck. Two Bears one brown one black. two bull moose, but both just too big. A nice herd of elk with a good sized 5 point...no LEH Draw...and a pile of whitetails with three nice bucks all 5x5 or more. and about 30 mulies ....but of course only small 3's and 4's.....well I can't wait...gonna be a great year...thats for sure

bone-collector
08-30-2004, 12:07 PM
well Kirby I had no problem sleeping until my new toy came in the mail (we will call it BIG SEXY for the moment) but I am now itching beyond beleif to find Mr.fuzzy and see just what a 500Gr hardcast does to his little world :twisted: :lol:

Kirby
08-30-2004, 12:19 PM
DAMN! 36 hours! just 36 hours left till I can go play with my bow, I've managed to clean my rifles another couple of times, and took them to the range to make sure of the zero, and I won't even hunt with them for the first two months! My bow string is waxed, arrows, tipped, flechting checked, new knocks, I am getting seriously excited!

Kirby

bone-collector
08-30-2004, 12:25 PM
alot of happy archers here this year to, they opened a bow only season for mulie does , I have 11 more sleeps until my first LEH starts , wont get to excited yet its been warm again , and the rutt usually hits around the first 2 weeks of october :D

Kirby
08-31-2004, 09:09 PM
DAMN, I'm at 8 hours till I am on my stand, 8 hours! I can't stand it!

Kirby

Freshtracks
09-01-2004, 12:11 AM
I've got another 48 hrs....taking my oldest out and the youngest is coming for his first trip. Hope you've got yours by then Kirby. :wink:

MRBucks
09-01-2004, 11:41 PM
oh I can't wait to look around for mr buck

Ehh?? I'm right here Dan! :D :D