PDA

View Full Version : UBBC has seat on Reg 5 Wildlife Advisory Committee

Coyote
11-17-2006, 10:25 PM
Good news for region 5. Chris Wright and Al Campsall have succeeded in getting a seat on the region 5 Wildlife Advisory Committee to represent bowhunters interests and work for bowhunting oportunity. This is a major step for the United Bowhunters of BC.

Chris is the vice president of the UBBC and Al is the Region 5 director. If you have any ideas for bowhunting opportunity in this region you can contact them at vicepresident@ubbc.ca (Chris) or region5@ubbc.ca (Al).

'yote
http://www.ubbc.ca

J_T
11-17-2006, 10:54 PM
Thanks Gord. This is great news. Bowhunting numbers continue to rise and a majority of hunters are incorporating the bow into their hunting lifestyle.

With a focus on hunter recruitment and youth, a bowhunter on a Wildlife committee has the opportunity to push the boundaries of the status quo and discuss hunting opportunities that can support the majority.

Bowhunters have lacked representation and this is long overdue and great news.

JT

Onesock
11-17-2006, 11:01 PM
Great work guys. Only 7 more regions to get on side.

willyqbc
11-18-2006, 01:02 AM
I think this shows a very forward thinking team working for the ministry here in Region 5. I believe that bodes well for us here!

Chris

Nails
11-18-2006, 01:33 AM
Good work Willy, your a great ambassador for bow hunting.

J_T
11-18-2006, 08:50 AM
Great work guys. Only 7 more regions to get on side.
Come on Lonesock, Region 4 has had a bowhunting rep on the committee for 5 years. Why do you think you were able to come up and enjoy such a great "archery only" any elk hunt? Plus the new any sex whitetail late season hunt that extends to Dec 20th? Or the archery turkey seasons that I know you love.....

It pays dividends to have a bowhunter on the wildife committee.

I'm thinking this late season whitetail hunt here is placing the heavily abused Christian Valley/Rendell hunt at risk. :lol:

JT

Onesock
11-18-2006, 08:54 AM
Sooorrryyy. My humble apologies JT. That should read only 6 more regions to go. A little sensitive JT. We will see about that in a week or so.

BCLongshot
11-18-2006, 11:11 AM
So if I can figure out a way to hook my rifle to a bow can I hunt in a bow only season ? Just having fun.