PDA

View Full Version : New Channel for outdoor enthusiasts

Elkaholic
08-20-2004, 11:47 AM
http://www.wildtv.ca/press/08.20.04.htm

Check that link out,

swamper
08-20-2004, 01:19 PM
has anyone heard which cable and satelite providers will be carrying Wild TV. I have just sent an email to the rep in Calgary asking if Star Choice will have it and if it happens that they don't and Bell Express does, then I guess I am switching. Won't even think twice about it.

Fred
09-14-2004, 03:37 PM
The latest info that I have is that only one place in Western Canada has it and that is in Winnipeg. Those of us who want more and better outdoor programming at other websites have been bugging all of the cable and Sat providers to do something posative for us. We have even pestered the CRTC and Bell Expressvu got the clearance to carry "The Outdoor Channel" from the US but for some reason they won't air it. They claim that they will if there is enough viewer interest,but so far nothing. I suspect govt. intervention but then I see conspiricies everywhere! :lol:
Perhaps if enough of the good people from this board will complain and email it will help. Fred

swamper
09-15-2004, 08:20 AM
I have been bugging Starchoice but of course just get the generic replies. In an email that I received from WildTv, they indicated that the launch would start in Manitoba and go west one province per month. By December we should have it here in BC. I told Starchoice that if Bell Expressvu took it on first then I would not hesitate to change over. We need this channel so every one bug their cable and satelite providers.