PDA

View Full Version : Bankes boat on lougheed

Crazy_Farmer
08-03-2012, 07:48 PM
Looks like most likely the first bankes boat has almost found its home in BC. My parents just saw it driving down lougheed highway heading into town. I'm surpised dad knew what it was but I've shown him probably enough times over the years that he'd know.

17' boat is a dream rig for sure.

Hope the new owner doesn't like it and sells it to me hahahah.

Jagermeister
08-03-2012, 08:56 PM
I guess you would have to be a marsh rat to know what a Bankes boat is without looking it up.

Foxton Gundogs
08-04-2012, 06:57 AM
I guess you would have to be a marsh rat to know what a Bankes boat is without looking it up.

Thats OK Jager, we forgive you.

Jagermeister
08-04-2012, 09:35 AM
Thats OK Jager, we forgive you.Thank you.:smile:

lip_ripper00
08-06-2012, 06:55 PM
Looks like most likely the first bankes boat has almost found its home in BC. My parents just saw it driving down lougheed highway heading into town. I'm surpised dad knew what it was but I've shown him probably enough times over the years that he'd know.

17' boat is a dream rig for sure.

Hope the new owner doesn't like it and sells it to me hahahah.

Not a hope in hell!:-P:-P It's a buddies of mine and we put it in the water for the first time Friday, and loved it.I am looking foward to hunting out of it this fall. Very stable boat, gps clocked it at just under 55kmh

Old Crow
08-06-2012, 06:59 PM
Did I read the website right....17,0000$ for a 17 foot fiberglass tub??

Crazy_Farmer
08-06-2012, 07:37 PM
Whats the old saying.... something along the lines of "if you gotta ask the question...." hahaha

I remembered it was your buddies, I havent read of many guys who havent liked their boats. They're top notch rigs. You can tell him if he ever wants to get rid of it down the road even in a couple years, he's got a buyer lined up already. Been wanting one for 5-6 yrs now

My father said it looked like a submarine, he told me I should just buy two boats and flip one upside down and weld them together.... I said no.

heyblast
08-06-2012, 09:06 PM
$17,000, 55km/hr, good lord what's the world of waterfowling coming to. O ya what was that recipe crazy farmer you posted about 2 years ago for bacon wrapped duck on the barbe. It's the sauce I don't remember.

Crazy_Farmer
08-06-2012, 09:18 PM
You'll have to PM my brother Mattchu_19 for any recipes. We chute em' he cooks em. He normally gets a duck breast though, and fillets it in the middle to create a pocket, and stuffs creamcheese with pineapple and some other things and then closes it and wraps in bacon.

Last time I cooked one, it feel apart and looked horrible and possibly uneatable hahaha but tasted delicious

branthunter
11-10-2012, 01:36 PM
Saw one coming up river while puttering around down at the shack a couple of weeks ago so went over to the ramp to have a look. It would make a hell of a brant boat and would take virtually any weather.

f350ps
11-10-2012, 02:30 PM
Saw one coming up river while puttering around down at the shack a couple of weeks ago so went over to the ramp to have a look. It would make a hell of a brant boat and would take virtually any weather.
I passed that boat on Trunk Rd the other day, that's one hell of a nice looking punt, but big! K

lorneparker1
11-10-2012, 09:22 PM
If I only had one nut, i would give it to own a bankes.

Hunted out of a few back east and there is no better open water duck hunting boat made. Period.

I have set a goal to own one by 35, thats 3 years. either a goliath or a titan.

Stay tuned

Lorne

lip_ripper00
11-10-2012, 09:27 PM
That boat spends a lot of time in the marsh, most times I'm in it, but can't get all the time off from work my friends get!

lorneparker1
11-10-2012, 10:47 PM
Tow that thing over here and i will put all kinds of sea ducks in it for you, if that tickels your fancy :)