PDA

View Full Version : Toby's last swim

MichelD
11-14-2006, 04:47 PM
I just heard today that the body of a freind's geriatric old lab Toby was recently recovered on the shore somewhere in Washington State and that the finders of his remains and collar found out who owned the dog and called him.

He suspected Toby had fallen overboard and drowned early this year when he came home to his floathouse in Ladner and the dog had disappeared.

A retired retriever that had been a top dog in his time,Toby was very elderly and arthritic and had a hard time even heaving himself upright shortly before his disappearance. My buddy knew that Toby couldn't climb out onto the float on his own and thought he might have been swept out to sea by the spring freshet. That is probably what happened.

It was very nice of the folks who found his body to make the effort to let my friend know.

11-14-2006, 05:02 PM
Your friend can finally have closure......... it's a sad ending, but it sounds like Toby had a full life.
Nice of the finders to make the effort and get in touch and let your buddy know.

Mr. Dean
11-14-2006, 05:02 PM
Ladner too Washington State..............Remarkable.

I'm sure that your friends feel better knowing.

bsa30-06
11-14-2006, 05:03 PM
Sorry for your friends lost.You're right that was very decent of them to tell him about it , now he doesn't have to always wonder in the back of mind what happened to his long time buddy.

FullDraw
11-14-2006, 09:17 PM
A sad story for sure but in a positive way I'm glad your freind found closure with his trusted dog. It goes to show there still are caring people left in this world, good on those people for coming foward.

FullDraw

mrdoog
11-14-2006, 09:36 PM
Must have been a tough phone call to make, even tougher call to receive.

Elkhound
11-16-2006, 12:02 PM
Sorry to hear Michel. As said by others, was very nice of the people to call. Closure helps

Beverly
11-18-2006, 11:10 PM
Unreal... nice of them to call your friend to provide closure.

I can not imagine one of my dogs going missing and having to wonder forever what had happened to them. :cry: