PDA

View Full Version : Dec. 10 - Nanaimo

Bow Walker
11-13-2006, 10:05 AM
Who's making plans to go to this shoot? The last shoot in Nov. was a blast. I'm looking forward to this one - got a new bow to break in.

steel_ram
11-13-2006, 01:27 PM
Is this the BIG Nanaimo F & G turkey shoot?

Bow Walker
11-13-2006, 02:50 PM
Is this the BIG Nanaimo F & G turkey shoot?

YUP IT IS!!

timberhunter
11-13-2006, 11:04 PM
I guess I'll be there, lol.

The turkeys, hams and bacon have already been bought. I've just come from an exec meeting at the club. And we will be running pretty much the same course as we did for our pumpkin shoot. Which everyone seemed to like, and will be quite different from our previous turkey shoots. In the past we have had to squeeze, 20 targets into to small an area. But now we have much more room to play with. There will be rifle and shotgun shooting going on at the same time as our shoot, but we will be 100% safe behind many berms, trees, and other stuff. But we will be hearing bang, bangs through out the day.

If you think the pumkin shoot was fun. Wait until our summer classic shoot. 2 day shoot, with fun shooting saturday night. Shoots like the william tell, canoe shoot, bow birds and clout, time permitting. Last year we shot the fun shoots until we couldn't see. And our potluck BBQ as well saturday night. The shoot dates have been changed since the last shoot schedual was sent out. Instead of june 23-24, it will be held on june 16-17. We had to move it to accomadate a provincial trap shoot. All of the archery club chairmen will be receiving an email regarding this change very soon.

Marc S.

steel_ram
11-13-2006, 11:25 PM
The Nanaimo annual "Turkey Shoot", is a must do on a Vancouver Islander's events list. You guys put on a really good event for all the shooting disciplines.

Bow Walker
11-14-2006, 11:14 AM
I was at the June 2-dayer last year. :lol: What a blast!! I had a super time and also had the pleasure of meeting "Oldtimer" and his wife, from Quesnel. Good people, and fun to spend time with.

If there is going to be shooting (rifle, shotgun, and/or pistol) going on at the same time as the archery shoot it will be just like doing an archery shoot up at the Victoria Fish and Game Club.

Up there you can count on a lot of noise and distractions. Makes for an interesting round.:smile:

See you all in Nanaimo......

Dan.