PDA

View Full Version : Question on Deer Behavior

Hilgy
11-12-2006, 02:23 PM
I have just recently moved to Red Deer for work so needless to say all of my spare time has been spent exploring and glassing.(never seen deer #s like this) The other afternoon I spent about two hours watching a HUGE non-typical mulie with about 10 does feeding in a field about some steep river banks. About an hour in another big 4 point entered the field. This caused one of the biggest fights I have ever seen. We are talking blood and everything. It went on for about 15 min. Neither deer left the field when it was done but the 4 point was big time injured and they just kept circling each other.

I have been back to this spot for 5 days since and not a sign of any deer not even does.

So would a battle like this keep the does from returning to this field. It did not seem to bother them at the time?

P.s I came home after seeing that battle and ordered a video camera. I'm not missing another one of those.

CanuckShooter
11-26-2006, 09:42 AM
The fight wouldn't bother them, it's more likely that the bucks have moved the does to another area for breeding...or possibly your not going back to the place at 'feeding time' ??