PDA

View Full Version : Off to Alberta on Friday

farside
11-07-2006, 10:30 PM
Well I am off on Friday for the ladies only camp in Drayton Valley. Will be a total of 5 of us gals plus our guides/host. Hunting from Sunday to Friday for Whitetails and Elk. I am so excited - its worse than christmas. Will take tons of pictures. :) Elkster has seen the pictures from last year and I think he might have been impressed with those ladies.

The only tough part is I am leaving the rut behind here on the island:twisted: :twisted:

30-06
11-07-2006, 10:34 PM
good luck to u and the other ladies farside

WoodOx
11-07-2006, 10:45 PM
Aye, me and jensen from here on the forum are heading to southern Alberta on the 22nd for whitetails. Lookin to tag a big one!

NightOwl74
11-08-2006, 01:41 AM
Do you guys know you need a Alberta resident to serve as a host, guide? This past September I got a 4 pt WT near Edson Alberta. My uncle served as the host. Phenominal whitetail hunting, worth it just for the chance to hunt some different country.

mikek blacktail
11-08-2006, 08:20 AM
are you going with joann hernbergs group,either way goodluck I've hunted that area and got some good bucks but I've missed some gaints

WoodOx
11-08-2006, 08:43 AM
Dont know who you were refering to, but not just me and jensen.

I do know that i need ahunter host, and weve got them. Am looking to bring back a 150" so I may come back empty handed!

blaker_99
11-08-2006, 01:27 PM
gaucher, if you're looking to bring back a 150 class buck why not put in the hours here and use the $$$ you would be spending on gas and buy a 1 week all inclusive trip to Hawaii for you and the ol' lady??? I've seen very large bucks upwards to the 170-190 class in both bow and rifle season. Put in the time and you'll be rewarded for your efforts. I know you're a good hunter, have some patients and slap together some ground blinds and sit ont he trails my man. Take care. cheers.:lol:

WoodOx
11-08-2006, 01:48 PM
already headed to hawaii on dec 22 with the lady lol.

Dont have the time to concentrate on both big mulies and whites, school conflicts - you know how it is. This year ive been huntin the mules - passed a couple I woulda shot in hindsight, some nice NT, but no worries theres always late bow season to find that tired old bugger.

easier hunting whites out there it is. You can see for 100 km! lol :D

blaker_99
11-08-2006, 02:35 PM
Ya i hear ya man. Hawaii must be nice!! well if you come back empty handed we'll have to sneak into a few of my spots and hammer a whopper in bow season. We also should get out before you leave we'll trade a few thoughts and areas muley's for whitetails. Take care and don't push bush too much for whitetails right now....better yet never ;) sit in the blinds you're patients will pay off.:)

WoodOx
11-08-2006, 08:03 PM
Yeah, ill trade a mulie area for a whitetail area. obviously not over huntingbc :D

Im down for a late season bow hunt, but honestly your best chance at a nice mulie is sept10 next year, on top of one of a number of mountains I know. Also depends upon what you want to pull the trigger on for mule deer right.

Give me a shout, well chat about it sometime.

Nait Hadya
11-09-2006, 07:05 PM
Next week should be perfect timing for the rut here in alberta. The recent snow should make the hunting excellent. The area south of Drayton, as you probably know, has some great wt and elk hunting. Best of luck!