PDA

View Full Version : Edit Post ?????

hunter1947
06-17-2012, 04:32 AM
Why is it sometimes when I want to edit my post the box comes up with Zero in it can't figure it out ??? the recent one is my post on my salt block thread at 419 am ???..:confused:..

06-17-2012, 08:01 AM
Maybe same reason l hit the spell check and the dialog box goes blank...hit it again and my entry comes back????
The site wasn't like that a while back and its only HBC l can't get the spell check to work.

SavageShooter
06-17-2012, 09:43 AM
Yep, had to redo my ad yesterday three times over as I when I previewed it or went to edit it, POOF content of post gone.
SS

Elkhound
06-17-2012, 10:50 AM
hey guys. Moved this to the bugs and glitches section. Hopefully Spink will take a look at this faster if its here

Marc
06-17-2012, 10:53 AM
I just sent the link to this post to Spink so hopefully we'll see what's happening.

SavageShooter
06-17-2012, 12:26 PM
Thanks Marc, Might also have somehting to do with me still using IE 7.
I know time to upgrade....

Steeleco
06-17-2012, 01:08 PM
Nope!! I've using Firefox's latest version and have a few more edit functions as a mod, but it's been a problem for a few weeks now plus it's intermittent??

spink
06-18-2012, 08:09 AM
testing this thread

The Dude
06-18-2012, 08:35 AM
It's vBulletin, not Firefox. It's been happening for awhile. Try "Go advanced" and your text disappears at least half the time.

spink
06-18-2012, 10:04 AM
Updated some stuff, let me know if it's still an issue.

Steeleco
06-18-2012, 10:15 AM
hey guys. Moved this to the bugs and glitches section. Hopefully Spink will take a look at this faster if its here

Yup tis looking better so far!!

spink
06-19-2012, 06:23 AM
Can I assume by peoples silence that this is resolved?

Steeleco
06-19-2012, 07:47 AM
You'll soon know tech dude!!! I haven't done that much but so far so good.

NaStY
06-19-2012, 08:13 AM
Really dont like the weird "whats new" page when I click on the site.......................

Hmm seems to work for me............

Salty
06-19-2012, 09:42 AM
Really dont like the weird "whats new" page when I click on the site.......................

You also get it when you click "Forum" on the browser bar thingy, had me all messed up for a while but found that the Forum button way up top got me there finally. I tried getting rid of it through settings but no go.

The Dude
06-22-2012, 11:06 PM
SPINK: Still happening. I cut and pasted some text, and posted, but the sloppy formatting carried over, so I went to EDIT POST three times, and the text vanishes every time, so I can't edit.

Islandbowhunter
06-23-2012, 10:41 AM
Yep...edit appears to be wonky still. Went to fix a spelling error and text disappears.

Sitkaspruce
06-24-2012, 04:44 PM
Same here. So I added some changes to my original for sale post and did a Bump to the top, which never got approved, so my original post is still there with a bunch of stuff sold and no price changes.

Please fix this so we can get back to editing posts and such.

It is not the program because other web sites use the same and I can edit there. Very frustrating to say the least.

Cheers

SS

spink
06-25-2012, 11:11 AM
And to understand this, this is only after you make a post and you're trying to edit it? Is it intermittent?

I can't reproduce this and as a result, it's very hard to troubleshoot it.

NaStY
06-25-2012, 11:15 AM
Works for me as well..............

Yup still works..........

Even works in advance mode...............

NaStY
06-25-2012, 11:19 AM
Same here. So I added some changes to my original for sale post and did a Bump to the top, which never got approved, so my original post is still there with a bunch of stuff sold and no price changes.

Please fix this so we can get back to editing posts and such.

It is not the program because other web sites use the same and I can edit there. Very frustrating to say the least.

Cheers

SS

When you edit or bump your thread in the forsale section most of the time you have to have it approved by the mod or admin of that section.......

And no thats not me ........

Whonnock Boy
06-25-2012, 11:20 AM
Went to edit a thread from a while back, and it did not show in the advanced mode. Had to copy and paste.

spink
06-25-2012, 12:33 PM
SPINK: Still happening. I cut and pasted some text, and posted, but the sloppy formatting carried over, so I went to EDIT POST three times, and the text vanishes every time, so I can't edit.

was this in the buy-sell section?

The Dude
06-25-2012, 12:53 PM
Nope, chat or politics.

Sitkaspruce
06-25-2012, 08:03 PM
And to understand this, this is only after you make a post and you're trying to edit it? Is it intermittent?

I can't reproduce this and as a result, it's very hard to troubleshoot it.

Spink

Every time, and I mean every time I try to edit my post, whether on the buy/sell or another post, I hit edit and nothing is on the screen, it is as blank as if I was going to open another post. I try the advanced and it is the same.

It is getting to be a pi$$ off....maybe I need to stop making mistakes so I don't have to edit...except the buy/sell.

Thanks for looking into this.

Cheers

SS

Ioneth
06-26-2012, 11:25 AM
Now that the forum is on ver 4.2.0 I am having issues on the iPad. The quick reply editor works great but the full editor I sometimes get no cursor. Also when cut and pasting the new ver keeps the sources text formatting it's a pain in the rear when using a tablet. But that is an annoyance and not a bug

Whonnock Boy
07-04-2012, 06:28 AM
Still having problems quoting, and losing text in the editor......

Sitkaspruce
07-04-2012, 08:17 AM
Yup

Tried again to edit a post in the buy/sell and it will not let me. Then when I tried to add another post to say something was gone, the Mod (who ever that is) has not approved it from 10 hours ago.

This needs to be fixed and we need to be able to add posts to our own ads without a Mod having to approve it.

Getting very frustrating again.

Cheers

SS

JeffR
08-29-2012, 06:33 PM
I am having the same problem of not being able to edit a post without all content disappearing. Same thing in advanced edit. I am using firefox 15.0 if that matters.

newhunterette
09-09-2012, 11:39 AM
so this has not been corrected as of yet cause I can't edit my post...also when I copied and pasted my post somewhere along the lines spacing was removed so some words have blended together...