PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have an arrow saw

Rod
11-07-2006, 08:30 PM
I am tuning my recurve and want to cut a couple of aluminum arrows, not willing to pay the $$ on my own saw at this time so I was wondering if anyone in the Courtenay/Campbell River area with an arrow saw would be willing to help me out?

Thanks
Rod

ramcam
11-08-2006, 08:53 AM
Use a tubing cutter. They are about five bucks

Rod
11-08-2006, 09:17 AM
I have a couple of tubing cutters but I suspected they would make a poor cut due to the thin material, have you actually tried this?

thanks
Rod

timberhunter
11-08-2006, 09:24 AM
The tube cutter is the way to go. They make the cleanest cut, and are simple.

For carbons how ever I use a dremel tool with a small cut off wheel.

Marc S.

ramcam
11-08-2006, 04:40 PM
I have used this method on every arrow I have ever cut down. Works slick, just go slow.

Rod
11-08-2006, 06:35 PM
Thanks guys, Tubing cutter worked like a charm, have about half my old 2216 Gamegetters re-fletched and I have cut a couple down. Will hit the backyard range tomorrow morning to see how much difference they make now that they are cut to my draw length.

I left them almost one inch longer than my draw length leaving me some room to adjust some more.

I also picked up a fletching Jig at Peters today and hopefully the 5" helical vanes will assist in stabilizing them as well.

Cheers
Rod

greybark
11-08-2006, 08:33 PM
:) Hey Rod , If you use a tube cutter the rim of the arrow is slightly closed in towards the center . I found that a screwdriver with its beviled sides worked well in restoring a straight wall . Failure to do this may result in the glue being wiped off your adapter on entry . Hope this makes sense .

REMEMBER -- Keep Your Fingertab On --