PDA

View Full Version : well its Aug 2

BCHunter
08-02-2004, 10:42 PM
and I'm off in 10 days for my moose/elk/cariboo hunt.

I know its a given I'll get a moose but I'd really like a Elk too...this year we have a different game plan so we'll see

so when and where is everyone here going?

08-03-2004, 09:06 AM
You lucky bugger, l have to wait till the end of sept. Four of us (hopefully) are headed to Atlin for a sheep/g-bear/moose appointment. Never been in that part of the province, so that should be a learning experience. l have been checking out Atlin on the web and there sure isn't much of a town, but as long as there is food and fuel it will work.
Locally, l still have vivid memories of a huge mulie l got a crack and missed in the late season last year. l will be looking for him again. :twisted: Between now and then we have our salmon season happening, if it ever cools down enough to get them moving in the rivers.

BCHunter
08-03-2004, 09:51 PM
9 days to go and I'm still not packed...lol

I plan on taking a tonne of pictures this year

bcboy
08-03-2004, 11:28 PM
Look forward to seeing them...and BTW good luck. :)

3kills
08-04-2004, 02:42 AM
have fun and good luck on ur elk....

Kirby
08-05-2004, 06:49 PM
Sept 1st, mulie bucks bow only season.
Its such a long wait!!!!
Well, also rabbits to keep myself entertained for the next month.

Kirby

BCHunter
08-05-2004, 07:46 PM
can't wait

Thunderstix
08-05-2004, 09:02 PM
I am leaving tomorrow afternoon for a goat hunt. 60 minute uphill hike to lake, 45 minute row across lake to cabin, and then who knows how long to climb up as I have never been up there before...should be blast though. On another note, I just heard from my friends wife tonight that he got a goat and a sheep in the last couple days....lucky rat!

BCHunter
08-05-2004, 10:07 PM
good luck and take a tonne of pictures

3kills
08-05-2004, 11:55 PM
yeah pictures are always great...

BCHunter
08-07-2004, 09:33 PM
5 days

Rob
08-07-2004, 10:02 PM
Where abouts are you going to? Guided or no?

BCHunter
08-07-2004, 10:45 PM
in the Peace, unguided

Rufus
08-08-2004, 07:39 AM
Good luck on your hunts and looking forward to seeing some pic's. 8)

Thunderstix
08-08-2004, 03:07 PM
Got back last night with nothing tangible to show for all the sweat I poured out, but we had a blast just as predicted. It actually took 2-1/2 hours to climb up. No goats to be seen. Will try again on the other side of the mountain next time (if there is a next time).

Tank
08-08-2004, 07:55 PM
headin to the diese lake area on the 15th with a buddy to chase the moose around. i drove through the area on my way back from whitehorse the other week, beautiful country....but thats where my experience ends :? . i think we might try a road just south of kinaskin(sp) lake. if anyone's got any insight i'd love to here it!

3kills
08-08-2004, 10:28 PM
my uncles have been all over that area and fish kitiskan lake...fishin there is awesome by they way(well so i have ben told) i will see if i can find anything out for ya...

BCHunter
08-19-2004, 01:20 AM
well as it turned out we didn't get to go into the same area as last year, a group aleady had flew in before us. With them and the guide camp we didn't want to battle for animals so we flew into another area that my buddy has been to before....

my buddy shot a nice 2yr old bull that I spotted and was about to shoot :roll: how does that work?

but i came home with a ivory tooth! hint hint...

Foxer
08-19-2004, 02:44 AM
Congrats on the tooth!!! I assume you got it from your buddy when you punched him out for shooting your animal? :lol:

Looking forward to hearing the whole story of the hunt!

Tank
08-19-2004, 02:09 PM
well my diese lake trip fellthrough at the last minute as my buddy jammed on me the day before we were supposed to go :( . I ended up heading north with a buddy for a couple of days. We hunted north of buick creek for moose and on monday we saw 8 moose (3 bulls) and ended up taking a bull with about a 30" spread. nothing huge but a great experience anyway being my first moose :D . We had split up, with my buddy tony going in a large semicircle through an old burn with myself still hunting about a mile down a cutline to a spot were he would come out in hopes of seeing any bulls he might accidentally spook. I was just about in position when i heared a crunching sound about 25 yrds to my right. after stand quietly for 10 min i still coudn't get a glimpse of the animal. after tony emerged down the line i motioned him to stop some hundred yrds away from me. We held that position for about 20 min until the animal finally materialized in to a bull moose only 15 yds into the burn. I through a round into the chamber and the moose crashed through the trees along the side of the cutline. I caught him in the base of the neck with my 375h&h at about 75 yrds as he broke cover and was at a dead run away from us.....i've never seen an animal go down so hard in my life....it was like a truck bumper had caught him in the back of the head! 8O After many hours and skinning and deboning and packing the 1 1/2 miles back to the truck i think i'll remember to take the quad next time :?

BCHunter
08-19-2004, 02:27 PM
wheres the pictures?

Tank
08-19-2004, 02:37 PM
Ive got pics on 35mm, it may take me a while to find a scanner and scan them. I also got a chance to use my new video camera :) i got some great befor and after footage, but unfortunately i had the camera in my pocket while shooting the moose :cry: . oh well, i takin the gf to diese lake on monday for here moose....maybe get a better shot then.

Tank
08-19-2004, 02:38 PM
wow, i really can't type

BCHunter
08-19-2004, 02:40 PM
I shot a Elk on my trip

Tank
08-19-2004, 02:44 PM
I saw your pics on the other thread....nice bull! i'm really hopin to tag one myself this year

Marc
09-01-2004, 09:27 PM
Here is the moose picture Tank was talking about.

http://huntingbc.ca/albums/album29/me_and_tony_moose_2004.jpg

toad
08-03-2016, 06:58 PM
Im sure that would of been a good hunt

pronghorn
08-03-2016, 07:28 PM
The 15th I will be chasing moose and elk on the 1st can't wait as then it's goats on the 12th

bcsteve
08-03-2016, 08:43 PM
12 year old necro-post. Nicely done! ;)

srupp
08-03-2016, 10:38 PM
Hmm mm mm
S16;9670]You lucky buggerin Atlin l have to wait till the end of sept. Four of us (hopefully) are headed to Atlin for a sheep/g-bear/moose appointment. Never been in that part of the province, so that should be a learning experience. l have been checking out Atlin on the web and there sure isn't much of a town, but as long as there is food and fuel it will work.
Locally, l still have vivid memories of a huge mulie l got a crack and missed in the late season last year. l will be looking for him again. :twisted: Between now and then we have our salmon season happening, if it ever cools down enough to get them moving in the rivers.[/QUOTE]

Hmm booked the plane..only one..in Atlin with Chris for end of sept also...3 guys..3 gos moose tags...3 LEH grizzly tags..will be fun..that will make a success.past moose trip in that area great big SOB moose...and next day spotted 8.5 foot silvertip..way up close and very personal..not set on a grizz..however they did give me yet another tag..may have a sheep tag for the one valley..

Hmmmmmmm

Good luck to your group..no disrespect but hope your not on the lake we chose...my snoring will truly frighten you..lol
Cheers
Steven

Cat catcher
08-03-2016, 11:07 PM
Srupp if you need anything in atlin while your hear let me know, I live in atlin. Im booked with Chris also for a sheep hunt.

srupp
08-03-2016, 11:22 PM
Srupp if you need anything in atlin while your hear let me know, I live in atlin. Im booked with Chris also for a sheep hunt.

Thank you, appreciate the comment, gesture..24 hour drive..flew to Atlin for work...but real busy while there..seems I recall it felt remote but pretty..2 of THE MOST gorgeous classy babe's I have ever seen helped me hold my equipment...hey I mean paramedic stuff..lol really nice gals...

Will be staying at Atlin Inn..Edie was a doll. Chris was very good to deal with .As this will be my final fly in hunt unless knee improves..I plan to enjoy everything from the coffee to scenery to attempting To his first grizz and the second moose after last year's tremendous success.
Cheers
Steven

finngun
08-04-2016, 08:36 PM
recall it felt remote but pretty..2 of THE MOST gorgeous classy babe's I have ever seen helped me hold my equipment...hey I mean paramedic stuff..lol really nice gals...

Hey they all looks so classy,,,after 2 weeks in the bush..right?

hunter1947
08-05-2016, 04:46 AM
I am headed into no man's land this year thought I would give it a try in a new region for bow season..

BiG Boar
08-05-2016, 06:42 AM
12 years ago Danny. Do you still have the tooth?