PDA

View Full Version : Rigging weights

Scouter Bear
05-25-2012, 04:31 PM
Well I have got the 2-1 mushroom style weights. I am trying to figure out the best way to rig it? I also have the Hunter Specialties decoy cord the plastic type. I was wondering if I should get the braided cord for them? How long should I have the lines?

Any suggestions would be great.

Foxton Gundogs
05-25-2012, 04:38 PM
I use braided cords and 5 oz cannonball type fish weights. leingth of cord will depend on where you intend to use them mine are about 5' long. I dont like plastic/nylon cord as the knots seem to tend to slip.I also attatch a heavy duty elastic band (100 for $1.00 @ the dollar store) to the weight end of the cord that way when you wind the cord up you can streach the elastic and slip it over 1 end of the keil to prevent unwinding and tangling

field marshal
05-25-2012, 05:08 PM
Jim, I guess I'm going to have to give you lessons on knot tying if your's are slipping???:?:?
Cheers-----Field Marshal.

Foxton Gundogs
05-25-2012, 05:22 PM
Jim, I guess I'm going to have to give you lessons on knot tying if your's are slipping???:?:?
Cheers-----Field Marshal.

Your on Tony I'll bring the peperoni just picked up a fresh batch

heyblast
05-26-2012, 08:35 PM
Line length depends on the water depth were you normally hunt. I use around 5 to 6 feet. I found braided line in Steveston cheap, dont remember the name of the fishing store but got heavy rubber bands at Nika that I use for the purpose as Foxton Gundogs described.

06-14-2012, 04:48 PM
I get free old inner-tubes from tire shops and cut them up and use them as rubber bands. they last a long time and the price is right.