PDA

View Full Version : New Bow Selection Headaches

Ron.C
11-03-2006, 05:44 PM
Hi all,
Is there anywhere on Vancouver Island or the lower mainland where I can go and test shoot bows so I can make an educated decision on what feels best for me? I have narrowed my choices between a Mathews Switchback XT and a Bowtech Tribute. I have been over all the specs of both bows to a great extent and have read every review I can find. But I don't want to let it come to basically flipping a coin so to speak. Feel is important and if I am going to spend upwards of $850-1000, I want to get what ultimately feels best in my hands. Thanks...

Bow Walker
11-03-2006, 08:38 PM
Don't know where you are but, Island Outfitters has about a dozen bows in stock. Word is that you will even be able to shoot them in their soon-to-be-operational range.

Ask for John.

Bow Walker
11-04-2006, 10:17 AM
Sorry..........Island Outfitters is in Victoria, on Douglas (the main drag into Vic.) just a couple of blocks past Saanich Rd, on the left hand side as you come in to town.

Saanich Rd is the intersection on the "south" side of Town & Country Mall where Wal-Mart is.

Famous last words - CAN'T MISS IT!

willyqbc
11-04-2006, 11:06 AM
I have narrowed my choices between a Mathews Switchback XT and a Bowtech Tribute.

Not to add to your headaches but you might want to wait a little bit.....the new lineups should be coming out anyday, was supposed to be Nov 1st. Hoyt and Bowtech have some VERY interesting offerings this year....emphasis is moving away from blazing speed (allthough they are still scorching) and it seems they are keying in on quiet and vibration free.
The bowtech Guardian looks particularly interesting as a hunting bow...I think its gonna be the new standard for vibration free shooting.

Chris

Eagle1
11-04-2006, 08:25 PM
Hey Ron you've been with old faithful this long so why not wait to see what "07" brings. The Bowtec Guardian looks pretty wild, www.bowtecharchery.com (http://www.bowtecharchery.com) , www.martinarchery.com (http://www.martinarchery.com) . Mathews won't release any new bows for a little will yet.
Island outfitters has Bowtech bows and I don't know who this John guy is.the new elites sound pretty interesting, www.elitearchery.com (http://www.elitearchery.com) the web site is down for a bit.

Ron.C
11-04-2006, 08:47 PM
I won't be making a purchase until after Xmas. Hardwood floors first....so says the boss. Yea I have looked at the Guardians. I am a little leary of a radical design change in any product the first year it is out. As far as Mathews 07 goes, we will see. I can't see them making any more changes to the switchback XT, but who knows. The more I read about the tribute though, the more I am interested. Speed is not the only selling point for me. As you know, I am of less tha average height and would like a bow that is faster than my FX, but not at the sacrifice of shootability. Everthing I have heard to this point leads me to beleive the Switchback XT will not offer me much of any speed inrease than I am already shooting although it would certainly be smoother. I will be making a visit to Victoria tomorrow and I am going to drop by Island Outfitters and have a look. Like I said previously, I sure would like the opportunity to get my hands on some of these bows before I make a purchase.